Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite / Least favourite thing about being from Wicklow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Fantastic!!: - Best county ever especially my home town of which I love!! it is near enough to Dublin to have all the facilities of the capital city, yet it is far enough away to be in the country, the sea, mountains, scenery, etc. I think there is no better place to live, but supposed am biased, as grew up here and there is "no place like home"....
    Also, it is very accessible now to everywhere with the N11 linked up to the M50, etc. :D:D

Bad: - commuting to town....AWWWWFUL - I hate it! A lot to be said for working locally! and getting home from town comfortably on a night out without breaking the bank! I cannot think of anything else I don't like about the county! (Oh... and maybe the harbour being changed in Greystones) :(:(

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Favourite thing about it: It's Home!

Least favourite thing.. they way people can't say Wicklow or Arklow without replacing the ow with an a and sound like they've their nose pinched. Also the lack of anything to do in my hometown for my age group!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Best: Its rural but close enough to Dublin to go to gigs, shops, etc

Worst: That the fact its close to Dublin means a) its full of blow ins and b) I've to commute

Oh and house prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Qs wrote: »
    Best: Its rural but close enough to Dublin to go to gigs, shops, etc

Worst: That the fact its close to Dublin means a) its full of blow ins and b) I've to commute

Oh and house prices.

Hah, my parents have lived here for almost 40 years and they are still considered "blow ins" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Qs wrote: »
    Worst: That the fact its close to Dublin means a) its full of blow ins

That bull**** really pisses me off. You'd swear this was like the league of gentlemen or something

"This is a local shop for local people"

the_league_of_gentlemen_PU.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

eoin_s wrote: »
    That bull**** really pisses me off. You'd swear this was like the league of gentlemen or something

More about the price of housing being astronomical really.

And they've shifty eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

eoin_s wrote: »

"This is a local shop for local people"

the_league_of_gentlemen_PU.jpg

looks a bit like roundwood!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

best thing about Wicklow.. its not Dublin

Worst thing.. its close enough for Dublin people to visit cos they love it... then they slag about living there..(bit of an ol' contradiction I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Lads they're saying that Wicklow is an "unessecary county" in After Hours. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Worst thing about Wicklow = The 84. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement