Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter S. Thompson

Options
  • 14-11-2007 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Any fans?

Been getting into his work lately. Read Fear and Loathing... and Hell's Angels and have made decent ground into his autobiography, Kingdom of Fear. I consider him one of few people worth having an autobiography.

Any opinions? He seems to me to be an astounding character and figure, and I really enjoy his writing. It's colourful and witty and more involved and passionate than journalism has any right to be, but it works so well. A sore loss for literature, say I.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I read fear and loathing, hell's angels, the rum diaries ages ago. Don't remember them that well though. Just recall that he came across as being a bit insane
    in my opinion.
    There are plenty of people who are worth having an autobiography. Unfortunately there is a proliferation of autobiographies by manufactured celebrities and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Aw yeah, he was an awesome old head, and I think he was able to put that person straight onto a page, ....... He's got some great pointers about how to enjoy the more head****ing types of drugs aswell, some invaluble information on
    that subject, **** YESss

Advertisement