Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bibliography

Options
  • 14-11-2007 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Once again, it's essay time, and, once again, I can't remember how to phrase the bibliography.

I know it's
    Author - Title, Year of publication, (Publisher OR Printer???), Location(s)

So basically I'm wondering is it the publisher or the printer that fits in there.

In the book I need to footnote, it has

Published in 2002 by
    Profile Books Ltd
    London

Printed and bound in Great Britain by
    Bookmarque Ltd, Croydon, Surrey

So do I stick in Profile Books or Bookmarque Ltd?

Help Please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

There is no universal style for the format of a bibliography - the required format varies from department to department. Or school to school, whatever.

Just go up to the department in question and ask them. Or email them. Seriously man, if you're asking people on the internet before you ask the actual people who are testing you, you're never gonna get through this university. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

There is no universal style for the format of a bibliography - the required format varies from department to department. Or school to school, whatever.

Just go up to the department in question and ask them. Or email them. Seriously man, if you're asking people on the internet before you ask the actual people who are testing you, you're never gonna get through this university. Grow up.

Well, it's 11:30pm, so I was just asking here in case somebody knew, or could advise on how they are asked to do it in their course, as I can't ask at the department at this time. As it happens, I already have a degree from this university, but I guess I don't deserve it because I forgot how to notate a bibliography correctly, and asked fellow students for help.
    But thank you for your patronising reply.
    Suck my balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Hah, I concur. I think you should suck his balls

Oh, and check the website of the department you're handing the essay into. You might find a style guide, or guidelines for essays on there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd recommend anyone doing any serious bibliography stuff in documents to use a tool like Endnote (or JabRef with the MS Word plugin). It's very easy to do last minute bibliography style changes, and you can even make custom ones for specific lecturers or courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Linkage...

...better late then never? It should be Profile Books Ltd, they're the publisher and thats what you should be referencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Linkage...

...better late then never? It should be Profile Books Ltd, they're the publisher and thats what you should be referencing.
    Perfect, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

SumGuy wrote: »
    Perfect, thank you!

It varies by school. History dont bother with publishers name

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

Pretty sure its publisher not printer

Advertisement