Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 Bicycle Christmas Party

Options
  • 14-11-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

After the great success of the last years party, Dublin Cycling Campaign and members of the Bicycle Courier Community are again going to host a party, and are inviting all cyclists to attend.

The party will take place from 7pm to 11pm on Tuesday the 18th of December, in the POD on Harcourt Street, cover will be 5 Euro.

Please come along to the party and pass on the message.

Event Poster (large)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

bump, wanna make this a sticky guys???
    was good fun last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is next Tuesday 18th December
    2007 Bicycle Christmas Party

While it deals with different types of wheels, can I invite you all (please share with RUI) along to this? 2007 Bicycle Christmas Party Don't miss this year's Christmas Party for Dublin's Cyclists taking place in the POD right next to Harcourt LUAS stop. Tuesday 18th December, 7pm - 11pm. We think it will be the biggest Cyclists' Christmas Party EVER held in Dublin. Bring your bike and bring your family and friends. Special prizes for the most festively decorated bicycles and cyclists on the night.

xmasbike.thumb.jpg

The 2007 Dublin’s Cyclists’ Christmas Party bringing together cycling commuters, campaigners, messengers, tourers, family cyclists, racers etc. for a unique Christmas party. 7PM – LATE, TUE 18th DEC, THE POD, at HARCOURT LUAS. Fab venue, nice crowd and music for all ears. Special prizes for the most festively decorated bicycles. Hope to see you there. Please spread the word. Poster available on www.dublincycling.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

anyone here going? i might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

I refuse to attend

I REFUSE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

TheThing! wrote: »
    I refuse to attend

I REFUSE!!!!

Seriously are you some sort of troll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

No, he's just playing hard to get...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

flickerx wrote: »
    anyone here going? i might.

yes, i hope to make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Victor wrote: »
    [(quoted)] Bring your bike and bring your family and friends. Special prizes for the most festively decorated bicycles and cyclists on the night.

My bicycle is usually turned away from clubs. She's not reading this so I can admit that I have more than one bicycle - some more presentable than others. But the one which I would bring into the city is perhaps the least attractive and the least fun. She's low maintenance but could be festively decorated. However will she get into the club? (She's only about 5 years old too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

i hope to be there, we may have goldsprints as well, should be fun. :)

oobydooby wrote: »
    My bicycle is usually turned away from clubs. She's not reading this so I can admit that I have more than one bicycle - some more presentable than others. But the one which I would bring into the city is perhaps the least attractive and the least fun. She's low maintenance but could be festively decorated. However will she get into the club? (She's only about 5 years old too)
    There is a large area in front of the club that will be for the bicycles, so they can hang out together.

• Advertisement

There is a large area in front of the club that will be for the bicycles, so they can hang out together.

Cool. Well I'll keep an eye on her anyway in case there's any shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

fúckit, i might go. my real friends have banned me from talking about bikes -ever, so this could be for me. i'm sure it'll be a goddam sausage factory but hey, that's cycling.

I wont be making this after all, did far too much at the weekend, didnt eat proper food at all, and feel very run down now, got a minger of a coldsore boiling up under the surface just waiting to erupt shortly... and flat broke.

have fun - a report back would be welcomed

Its a €5 in and food is provided.

Remember its tonight folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Its a €5 in and food is provided.

Just to be clear food is snacks & stuff and not a full meal. For anybody who doesn't know where the pod it's here.

Hope too see you there.

So, anyone from here go to this? How was it?

I was on the door. More than 100 attended. Some strong competition among the ladies for the best decorated bikes.

Will post more later, but the only real excitement was when I found a digital camera on the floor. I got the DJ to announce it, only for a girl (known to him) to throw a mandarin orange at him for interrupting the song! About an hour later it struck me to check the photos to see if I recognised anyone in the photo - sure enough I did and the camera was restored to its rightful owner - the orange thrower. Grovelling apologies were forthcoming.

That seemed like a brilliant night. I only got in for the last hour or two and had a great time. Didn't really get chatting to anyone I hadn't met before unfortunately. Good mix of people. All ages, mostly good looking ;) and the whole sausage factory thing was way off the mark Tom.

There was talk of doing a summer one which would be really cool. A lot of these days it's just party fatigue but a midsummer bike love-in would be very original. Dunno what to dress herself up as though! My bike had a good time out front too, she wore some flashy coloured Christmas lights which she's still wearing :D and was shacked up with another bike at the end of the night.

Got one pic of the winning bike, it looked sweet in real life but the photo doesn't do it justice. I've never attached a photo so I'll try it 2moro, going 4 a spin now.

2007 Christmas Party for Dublin's Cyclists & Friends

The 2007 Christmas Party for Dublin's Cyclists & Friends, hosted by Dublin Cycling Campaign and the Dublin Bicycle Courier Community was a success with more than 100 cyclists and friends attending.

Prizes were presented for the most festively decorated bike
    * First - Kate Betts - Holly bike with Jesus in the manger.
    * Second (Joint) - Andrea Fagan and Laura McGrath - fixie bikes with tinsel and antlers.
    * Third - Muireann O'Dea - Gold Raleigh with pearls and fairy lights.
    * Special mention - Alice Mary Higgins - bicycle dressed in red velvet

Prizes included lights, locks, hi-vis jackets and thermal hats. There was a raffle for everyone (who remembered to keep their entrance ticket!), with similar prizes.

We would like to thank Irish Cycling Safaris www.cyclingsafaris.com, our sponsors on the night and various bicycle shops for prizes. We would also like to thank POD our venue and their welcoming and efficient staff, Sean Óg for his work on the poster and DJ 25Séan.

Special thanks go to our organiser, Dublin Cycling Campaign social secretary Damian O'Tuama and everyone who helped out before and during the night.

Advertisement