Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zip Drive in Daedalus?Iomega 100

Options
  • 14-11-2007 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are zip drives in the daedalus or anywhere on campus.I've to give a presentation tomorrow and my file is fairly big but memory sticks don't work in my old pc and its too big to email(12mb).Cheers.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

You could try zipping it and uploading it to H: via UCD connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Thanks never thought of that. It'll definately work will it?Are there any zip drives around though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

WinZip is not installed on UCD PCs as standard, but you can install it - in the ZenWorks Applications program under Utilities.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think WinXP actually might be able to zip files itself so you might even be quicker. Right click the file to see if there's anything like Archive or Compress.

Advertisement