Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys

Options
  • 14-11-2007 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Im on the lookout for a new car hopefully a mkv golf and have been looking a set of rs6 alloys for it. I know nothing about cars what so ever! Where are good places to get them, and is it possible to get a 5th one for the spare wheel? Ive been trying to do some reading and apparently you can get real rs6's and copies? What are the differences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Im on the lookout for a new car hopefully a mkv golf and have been looking a set of rs6 alloys for it. I know nothing about cars what so ever! Where are good places to get them, and is it possible to get a 5th one for the spare wheel? Ive been trying to do some reading and apparently you can get real rs6's and copies? What are the differences?

Try these guys they are good
    http://wheelzdirect.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

You could also try;

http://www.alloys.ie

Yes it will be possible to get a 5th one, differences between a copy and the real thing are that the real ones will be off better quality but dearer.

You could also try eBay : www.VWauctions.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'm nearly sure i seen a second-hand set of them for sale in Callaghans last Thursday, but their in Donegal, so might be a long drive. Phone number is 0749368122.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I had replica RS6s on my A6. I bought them used over the phone from someone who didn't know much about cars, they were on his car when he bought it and he just didn't like them so put on 16's.

I thought I got a good deal until I got them home and realised the proportions and dimensions of the spokes were all wrong. The spokes were too skinny, the 'bevelling' on the spokes was far too severe and they were also not 'flat' and angled straight back to the hub like they should be. The spokes were dog-legged shape.

I also suspected they were soft but I drove in such a way to best avoid potholes so I would never find out. ie, slowly.

I got sick of them and sold them on for half nothing with good tyres.

There are faithful replicas out there so just make sure you get some of them. Don't be tempted to pick up second hand ones from a mk4 Golf cos they won't fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

As a matter of interest, what sort of money are good quality RS6 replicas costing?
    I paid (Sterling)£250 for a secondhand genuine one recently, but it did come with the pressure sensor, which is an expensive item all on its own.

Just wondering if I codded myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

E-bay would be good source I got a genuine A4 alloy for E150 the main dealer wanted E256+Vat. It an origianl OEM allloy came in the audi box and had audi part no.

Advertisement