Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wave Board

Options
  • 14-11-2007 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

http://www.streetsurfing.com/index.php?cookies_detected=1

Wondering if anyone knew if these are stocked somewhere in Ireland? Brother rode one a few weeks ago and says it's like being on a hover board :D. Amazing how the thing stays so stable.
    Probably gonna order one from the UK but thought i would check if anyone knew of somewhere local.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the latest incarnation of snakeboarding?

haven't seen them in any skate/surf shops in Ireland so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

some little kid was on one in swords skatepark. looks horrible and unstable if you ask me. total gimmickery. itll be in the bin after a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Hi,

If you are looking for these I can get them in for you. I dont think im gona start stocking them but I know they are available to me

I you want to more , call me or pm me

thanks

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

jtsuited wrote: »
    the latest incarnation of snakeboarding?

haven't seen them in any skate/surf shops in Ireland so far.

Snakeboards sucked, these don't :D. Check out some of the clips on youtube, looks amazing.
    They seem so much cheaper in the US :[, looking at 100 pounds for one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭crazeehorse

try extremepie.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 madfrozen

try a longboard instead,
    more stable and better for street and downhill,
    may i biasedly recommend ARBOR.:)

snowboardsgraphicROMEBAT.gif
    IRISH SNOWBOARDS
    http://www.irishsnowboards.com

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Why not have a try at making one using an old deck, truck and wheels and source a castor wheel from an industerial engineering shop,or salvage one from a abandoned shopping trolley!!

wideangle wrote: »
    Why not have a try at making one using an old deck, truck and wheels and source a castor wheel from an industerial engineering shop,or salvage one from a abandoned shopping trolley!!

You're joking right?

madfrozen watch a few videos of this thing in action, a long board isn't going to offer anything close to the same experience. Im getting one for christmas :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

No,not joking,thats all it is anyway.lol

wideangle wrote: »
    No,not joking,thats all it is anyway.lol

Not really, not even close, but you try that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

heres the castor they use
    caster_01_th.jpg

heres an industrial castor
    511SOVRNBJ.jpg

worlds apart all right????

Every few years there's some idiot get-rich-quick muppet who tries to reinvent the skateboard. The skateboard is a simple and perfect design.You can't improve on perfection!

Do i really need to explain this.:rolleyes:
    http://www.streetsurfing.com/3d_images/assem_offset.jpg
    It has little to do with the two wheels, the two halves of the board are joined by this tension bar which has some sort of spring which allows the board a certain range of flex on either side. Recreating this would probably take months/years of engineering.
    You don't simply slap two castor wheels onto two pieces of wood and have something that is perfectly balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

moonboy wrote: »
    some little kid was on one in swords skatepark. looks horrible and unstable if you ask me. total gimmickery. itll be in the bin after a week.
    you shouldve seeen the kid setting up to drop in.
    certain death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

shagman wrote: »

Every few years there's some idiot get-rich-quick muppet who tries to reinvent the skateboard. The skateboard is a simple and perfect design.You can't improve on perfection!

Unless you can make affordable carbon-fiber unbreakable boards that feel like ply and never lose their pop.
    Which if somebody did, would revoutionise skateboarding forever, though it would probably kill the industry as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Yeah but that would still be a skateboard not a skatewing or a streetsurfer or a snakeboard or some other gimick. Deck materials have encompassed oak, birch, bamboo, p-tex, fibreglass , alluminium and all sorts of other materials but they're all still skateboards.

Advertisement