Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBoys M4A1 BI-3681 (metal) discussion

• 18-06-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

ooohhh dude...i gotta get me one of dem....from what i read it is a 1j model and will drop below that after a 1000 rounds or so. unfortunately quite a few of the chinese ones seem to be over...what a pity.

really appreciate it ambro..i have been waiting for this...

straight to the point, excellent review....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

What he said ^

Been looking at the Dboys range for a month or two now - good to know they live up to the hype...

Considering I have 3 on the way.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice review. Looks like it has a bit of heft to it all right! Can't wait to have a go of one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

nice, you just gave me yet another reason to get one of these... so tempted to just go and order it now... really should wait until payday though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Shiva wrote:
    What he said ^

Been looking at the Dboys range for a month or two now - good to know they live up to the hype...

Considering I have 3 on the way.....

LOL 3 of them...jesus there is committment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

One point, that coke can rule of thumb thing is sh1t. drinks cans come in various thicknesses so the US ones probably arent the same as ours. My aug will go straight through a pepsi at 10ft but not a coke at the same distance.

• Advertisement

One point, that coke can rule of thumb thing is sh1t. drinks cans come in various thicknesses so the US ones probably arent the same as ours. My aug will go straight through a pepsi at 10ft but not a coke at the same distance.

yet more proof that coke is better then pepsi...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Well, no - inconsistency (lack of accuracy, if you prefer) is why it's considered a 'rule of thumb' :rolleyes:

By the way, 9 meters is 27 feet, give or take a foot - so that's one bb in the coke can at 27 feet...

...I might have to reconsider attending that whole 'CQB' HRTA thing :o:D

ambro25 wrote:
    ...I might have to reconsider attending that whole 'CQB' HRTA thing :o:D

once it's under/at 1 joule you'll be fine, most of the rental guns are approx. 1 joule anyway

besides, we mostly play outdoor these days :D

kdouglas wrote:
    once it's under/at 1 joule you'll be fine, most of the rental guns are approx. 1 joule anyway

besides, we mostly play outdoor these days :D

Not what I meant ;)
    Assuming the M4 is more-or-less at 1J, I really really don't fancy being on the receiving end of one :eek:
    Guess I'll just have to be [unreal tourny announcer]God-like[/unreal tourny announcer] then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CRs big yoke was brand new at 1J an i took to headshots and one to the thumb! Still have a blister on my thumb. Nice krylon on it too. Whats funny was the gspec headshot didnt hurt:p

• Advertisement

ambro25 wrote:
    Not what I meant ;)
    Assuming the M4 is more-or-less at 1J, I really really don't fancy being on the receiving end of one :eek:
    Guess I'll just have to be [unreal tourny announcer]God-like[/unreal tourny announcer] then :D
    that's ok, there used to being on the receiving end of my p90 anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Have a Jg one on its way and i wish i had gotten the dboys one now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Nothing in the link Mark well for me at least, is it the silenced m4 your getting?

woops, sorry about the link.
    It was this:http://www.rsov.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=95&products_id=753&osCsid=ace22dbfcb0ddfb867cc8cb5664d37ab
    a metal body,
    Troy style silencer(sorry scope)
    couple of midaps
    And Goggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Looks savage, r ya going get a longer barrel for the silencer to go over cos the silencer is a little bit longer then i tought at first, im sure an m16 lenght would fit in their now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Ffs lads, this is a review. Cut the BS lads, Oisin come on man...sort this out. Ambro wrote a really REALLY nice review, obviously took some time to write it (instead of the other people on here who just copy and paste reviews from other sites and claim there their own) and they just hijacked his thread and made it a bloody spam mess to increase their post count(only logical reason I can see for it).

Master of the Universe

Harekin wrote:
    Ffs lads, this is a review. Cut the BS lads, Oisin come on man...sort this out. Ambro wrote a really REALLY nice review, obviously took some time to write it (instead of the other people on here who just copy and paste reviews from other sites and claim there their own) and they just hijacked his thread and made it a bloody spam mess to increase their post count(only logical reason I can see for it).

I agree. I thought they might have noticed my hint earlier...anyway. Thread will now be despamified.

Edit\ Christ that's a lot of spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

<Edited; you have a fair point. Although the way you worded it would probably end up with this thread turning into a flame war. Removed>

Back on topic, seriously nice review man. I always HATED the armalite series but Im actually considering buying one of these now with a 203 after I upgrade my P90.

Master of the Universe

I was never an armalite man myself. But full metal at that price can't be beat. I just hope it shoots as good as you say!

From HRTA earlier today, figures after less than 500 rounds from new, Paul firing 0,2 Maruis in semi into the chrony -

Shot #1 - 322
    Shot #2 - 315
    Shot #3 - 325
    Shot #4 - 324
    Shot #5 - 322

Review now concluded :)

@ petergriffin - €160 for AEG (with all the goodies), extra 1400 mah battery and 2 extra mags (metal), shipped. Of that, shipping was about the €60 mark. Customs was on top, so €184 total.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭petergriffin20

http://www.rsov.com/store/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=567&osCsid=81c0dbd44b4d211aeb8d2a8fbeed4733

Am I looking at the right gun? Also was the total price 160 including the custom charges and delivery? 1 last thing Im new to importing AEG's is the custom charge payed at your door when its delivered or at the post office depot. Sorry about all the questions I am a total noob. Also great review buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

You pay the delivery guy, cash or cheque.

If cash, try have lots of change....I think you need the exact amount.

Cheers.

Could any1 else answers the rest of my Q's please. Thanks in advance.

It cost him €160 for the gun, spare battery, 2 mags and shipping and customs was €24

Could any1 else answers the rest of my Q's please. Thanks in advance.

peter that us the one ambro was talking about...but as for shipping costs and customs..u will have to wait for ambro to respond...although i am sure he answered that in this or stickies at the top...the one about suppliers..

Thanks alot buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Hi All,
    Excellent review Ambro. I am planning on getting the 'Dboys' M4A1 RIS AEG (BI5181 - metal). Looking at the two guns the only difference seems to be the RIS rails on the 5181 as they are both BIM4 series so should have the same motor and gear box and so on. Has anyone bought the 5181?
    Thanks lads.
    Max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Good review, i hadnt made up my mind on which m4 to get but think ill be getting the one ambro got, for that price how can you go wrong.

• Advertisement

You can't go wrong.

The worst is mentally and financially accomodating the modding ideas you then constantly get for it, Pokemon-stylee (gotta get them all! :D).

I've already got a red dot on it, got my eyes on Keith's short version of the ACE stock by ACM, and still trying to work out a way of shortening the front end without butchering the inner barrel or changing it (atm, Guarder front outer (M933/commando version) and Noveske KX3 - waiting on WGC or anywhere else to restock on the M933 part before ordering the lot). Then again, maybe just a 100mm silencer? Or just an XM177 flashhider (looks like a long affair, but can't find actual length anywhere)? I need 90 to 100mm.

Advertisement