Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBoys M4A1 BI-3681 (metal) discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭petergriffin20

I bought this off RSOV the battery is completly blank no writing just black all over but I will charge it anyway. So with the mid cap mags you dont have to wind them? Also could some1 pont me in the right direction for the mid cap mag and a new battery. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

o1s1n wrote:
    So it was firing but then stopped and hasnt fired since? Maybe there's a bb jammed in the barrel. Constantly firing it if there is will break your gun.

Did you check with a cleaning rod?

good point o1s1n, some of the chinese one have a lot of oil and gunk in the barrell..i think ambro said the same...

Yes there was a BB jammed but I got it out but it still glogs straight away once you fire again. I think its because I kept winding the mag for like a MINUTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yes there was a BB jammed but I got it out but it still glogs straight away once you fire again. I think its because I kept winding the mag for like a MINUTE.

Winding the mag for a minute isn't going to do anything but cause the mag to overwind.

If there was a jammed bb in the barrel and it happened again once you got it out, there may be some imperfection in the barrel which is causing jams. Even as Fallschirmjager said, gunk. Give it a good clean.

• Advertisement

Will try that buddy. Cheers for all the help guys dont know what I would of done without ye. Thanks for the links Liamo.

okay we now hit reason 257 of why hi-caps are ****e....

peter you need to watch yourself doing this and maybe do it in a bag unless you like crunching bb's into your floor...

ALSO WATCH YOUR FACE AND EYES HERE BEFORE YOU START

at the top of the mag near where you can see then is a small plastic clip..it will move away from the bb..its small..

if you use your fingernail, push it back...and you will be sprayed with bb's...DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT LOOK AT WHEN DOING THIS,they come out fast!!!!

wear your glasses for safety...hence why put it in a bag...(note to self :reason 258)

that will empty the bb from the wound part of your magazine...now begin again...pour them in, and wind until it clicks a different sound...

i would bet the battery is nicd.

at a later stage you might want to look at getting a better charger...one that can discharge your battery also and preferably go for the lithium or nimh ones but thats not a necessity...just get the same voltage,size and shape as the one you have. the web is awash with them. the charger and batt you have will work fine in the short term...

also clean your barrell and if you have some silicone oil use it on the cloth. get a small peice of cloth, at the top of the barrel cleaner is a small eyelet. wrap the cloth around that..you only need a few inches long..dont jam a big wad in there..it should be a nice fit, tight but not something you have to force in. twist it into the barrel slowly..do that a few times...i am betting a pile of crap will come out. a lot of the makers oil them up for travel and storage...you need to clean that out.

also if you are using the bbs that came with the aeg...check them..if you see atiny line on them like a weld line...throw the little bastards out..they will always jam up your aeg..

oh and only silicone oil..DONT USE anything else..

Ok cleaned the barrel and no joy still firing 1 round then nothing but its not getting clogged anymore its just no firing them out or when it does not very far. The battery probably too low going to charge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Does it make a whining noise and then stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

okay we now hit reason 257 of why hi-caps are ****e....

High caps from a good manufacturer are fine. I've never had any problem with mine.
    A general rule seems to be that if you buy a clone and want to use high caps, buy some decent ones. They're not exactly expensive and should make its performance better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Make sure you turn OFF the hopup before cleaning the barrel. The hopup can be damaged if you don't.

how do I turn it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Easiest thing is to turn it down as far as possible basically.

Cheers I hope the thing works 2moro 12 hours is a long time. How long do you normally get out of it.

You talking about the battery is it? that should be fine for quite a few thousand shots.

Im sure it would but its pretty costly for a charger in my opinion, This one here http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-NiCd-RC-Airsoft-Battery-Fast-Charger-4-8-9-6V-CH1_W0QQitemZ270143350867QQihZ017QQcategoryZ34063QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem will be more then adequete and would leave ya with more moneys to spend on ammo/mags goggles etc

Cheers for that mate saved me alot. All ordered now the mid caps the battery and the charger. Thanks for all your help guys I wont post anymore in this topic. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ordered the first one on this link myself. Does the job nicely.

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Battery_Chargers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ciarancummins

Hi,

I bought a Dboys M4 BI3881 a couple of weeks ago, and silicone spray was essential for getting it working smoothly. Spray some silicone into the fully loaded magazine, after cleaning the barrel with silicone spray also. Now semi and full auto work like a charm. yet to use it in "anger" but plan to soon.

Ciaran

• Advertisement

Cheers for that. I think there is a mis-feed issue with mag also I noticed there was a screw loose on the mag this morning so I think its faulty. The battery is fully charged and Im still having the same problem. I let of about 6 shots on semi after a good wind of the mag worked for the 6 shots, then nothing its doesnt clog just doesnt fire anything. Then on fully auto 1 or 2 shots then it clogs or 4 or 5 BB's just roll out of the barrel. So think its the mag not the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ciarancummins

I thought so too, but the silicone spray sorted out my 3 mags.

Cheers for that. I think there is a mis-feed issue with mag also I noticed there was a screw loose on the mag this morning so I think its faulty. The battery is fully charged and Im still having the same problem. I let of about 6 shots on semi after a good wind of the mag worked for the 6 shots, then nothing its doesnt clog just doesnt fire anything. Then on fully auto 1 or 2 shots then it clogs or 4 or 5 BB's just roll out of the barrel. So think its the mag not the gun.

well as o1s1n says...the mags on the chinese ones seem to be poor quality...best get yourselF a real one..at least it isnt the aeg...

Well I ordered the 1's that liamo showed me, there not wind up either THANK GOD. I will give the silicone spray a go. Do you think I will be able to get it in homebase?

Well I ordered the 1's that liamo showed me, there not wind up either THANK GOD. I will give the silicone spray a go. Do you think I will be able to get it in homebase?

i think b&q stock it, u might want to ring homebase..try get it in the spray can if you can.

Dont know of any B&Q in limerick. Will try homebase anyway. Just to clear this up WD-40 isnt silicone spray right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

God no....dont use WD-40 .... it'll destroy any rubber components.

It should be clearly marked as silicone oil spray.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

this is the stuff your looking for:

aust-p_3in1pro_sili_spray.gif

made by the same company as wd40, but not the same stuff

• Advertisement

Once again cheers. Is it lint free cloth that is used to clean the barrel?

Advertisement