Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBoys M4A1 BI-3681 (metal) discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

J-cloths seem to work fine but im sure their is something much better. I often find when looking through my newly squeeky-cleaned barrel that i can spot a tiny fibre or 2 taht just wong go away without being replaced by another one of its kind :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yup...

once the cloth doesnt come apart easily in the barrel basically your alright..

i've actually used cut-up kleenex to clean the barrel on several occasions and it does the job for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote:
    this is the stuff your looking for:

aust-p_3in1pro_sili_spray.gif

made by the same company as wd40, but not the same stuff

I think it's about time you got that image printed on a tshirt :D

lol, indeed :D

Tada:

jul112007wed110916am2903front.jpg

jul112007wed110916am2344back.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

kdouglas wrote:
    lol, indeed :D

Tada:

jul112007wed110916am2903front.jpg

jul112007wed110916am2344back.jpg

LOL couldnt stop laughing!

M8 get yourself a speed loader on ehobby. The 200rd kingarms one is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

hehe..nice one kdouglas. You should sell them!

You can also pickup the silicone oil at Halfords stores. Other bicycle stores should stock it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

My... my review... :( :eek: what have you all done?! WHAT HAVE YOU ALL DONE?!? NOOOOOOO...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

ambro25 wrote:
    My... my review... :( :eek: what have you all done?! WHAT HAVE YOU ALL DONE?!? NOOOOOOO...

Well atleast we all know what a can of silicone oil looks like. 8:)

Have you had a chance to take a pic of your m4 with the scope attached?
    Im picking mine up from the post office in the morning and im pretty sire ill be ordering a scope within minutes of getting home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Nope, wife went away on hols with the camera before I had a chance, so it'll be early August (or last week-end in July at HRTA if you want a neb ;) ). Not bohering with mobile phone cam, res is too low to do it justice.

It looks way cooler than with the carry handle, suffice to say - but as I found out last Saturday at HRTA, it ain't very practical when you get 'physical' (managed to lose a lens cover retaining pin during the first round in the morning - luckily enough, I realised nearly straight away and found the lens cover itself. Now to find a retaining pin... :( ). To make matters worse, I realised yesterday that I forgot to switch the bastid off - of course the CR's ran out since :mad: meh!

If you look at my photo (:D) in the rogues' gallery thread, it looks just like the one in the pic', minus the foregrip.

Im planning on going to hrta but i doubt it will be by then but thanks anyway. ill most probably order one tomorrow anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭petergriffin20

Its WORKING I cant believe the silicone done the job I cant believe how good it is. Thanks everybody I LOVE YOU ALL AND IM NOT KIDDING EITHER.

Its WORKING I cant believe the silicone done the job I cant believe how good it is. Thanks everybody I LOVE YOU ALL AND IM NOT KIDDING EITHER.

Nice one m8. How do you find it?

SOMEONE LOVES ME!

ambro25 wrote:
    To make matters worse, I realised yesterday that I forgot to switch the bastid off - of course the CR's ran out since :mad: meh!

im constantly doing that, someone has to start making rechargable batteries in that size!

Ok I have no expiernce in AEG's but it feels awesome. Its so fast and even very accurate in semi(almost as accurate as my vsr-10. The AEG its self cant wrong it now that it works, from 30FT pierced a can full of water. I almost s**t myself when it started firing. Can any1 tell me whats the fps for this model?

Proably around 330.

Isnt that illegal?

Just rounding off. To be spesific (sp?) 328 is the limit.

Think Ambro's chronoed at between 318-325.

Thats grand then. Wow I kinda spammed the s**t out of this thread. Im defo not posting anymore sorry ambro.

Theres all kinds of off topic stuff in the poor mans thread:eek:
    But atleast it began with a very good review.

purple monkey dishwasher

• Advertisement

You mean putting the spraying the silicone into the mag sorted it?

Cleaned the barrel with the silicone and sprayed the mag that done it. This is my last post promise this time. Some mod please close this thread I feel awful for spoiling such a good review.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

This is my last post promise this time. Some mod please close this thread I feel awful for spoiling such a good review.:(

Well....look at it this way....

Ambro wrote a great review, but if it hadn't metamorphosed into this current discussion, it'd be back on page 3 or 4 by now, and any newcomers to the forum probably wouldnt get to read it.

This way its still on the front page, and will probably be read by new people.
    So you did him a favour.

I suppose when you say like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I'm just a big ole bundle of optimism :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Ok I have no expiernce in AEG's but it feels awesome. Its so fast and even very accurate in semi(almost as accurate as my vsr-10. The AEG its self cant wrong it now that it works, from 30FT pierced a can full of water. I almost s**t myself when it started firing. Can any1 tell me whats the fps for this model?
    Can of water is actually easier to pierce than an empty can so use an empty can as a reference.

Just a Question aimed at the guys that own the dboys full metal m4.
    Did you find the reciever and the main part of the gun to be slightly loose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

kinkstr wrote:
    Just a Question aimed at the guys that own the dboys full metal m4.
    Did you find the reciever and the main part of the gun to be slightly loose?

Yeah it does seem a bit loose. But the gun fires brilliently so am reluntent to go messing with it. What do the rest of ye think?

Overall im happy with mine, wasnt overly impressed with the mag as it wobbles a bit but implanning on giving the gun a good cleaning when i get the silicone oil from lidl on Thursday.
    Also is this the part i need to fit a red dot/scope on top of the carry handle?
    Or just this mounted on the gun minus the handle, it says in the description -
    "See Through Design is one of the key element of this Aimpoint Scope Mount, i.e. You can still see through the Iron Sight while having the scope installed".
    Wouldnt the front iron-sight be blocking most of your view when looking through the red dot sight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well i have the cqb one and i have to say i was at hrta on saturday and it fired straight as an arrow all day. i have an m203 on it and that is too heavy for the front ris. in fact i gave it a thump and the ris rail came away from the body. so i think the dboys are a great great aeg for the money, but they do lack a little on finishing. so i wont be m203ing it anymore, but i would definitely buy again...in fact i have a g&g 3 times the price and altho the finishing is much better, i can not honestly say its 200 euro better....

time will tell on the gearbox, motor etc, but considering how easy it is to swap them out and you have to do that on them all at some stage...i think they are excellent value for money....

and i had a bungee sling on mine on saturday all day ...so the rear sling mount is rock solid.

excelent value for money...

Advertisement