Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT appeal

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

pj9999 wrote: »
    PS Sizzler, I knew in advance of visiting the VRO, how much I was going to be charged. But I wanted to keep this car, and, while I had been driving it here on UK plates for about 10 months, I had decided that it was time to legalise it. The only way was to pay up, and appeal afterwards, which is what I had always planned to do anyway.

Did you ever get pulled when it was on uk plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭pj9999

drdre wrote: »
    Did you ever get pulled when it was on uk plates?

No tanggod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

a family member of mine recently took in a 03 vectra from the north, he complained about the price of the vrt being the same at the start of the year as is all the way through. the lady in the office said he had a point and to write in and complain to head office, that he should be entitled to some money back. he hasn't heard anything back yet, but even the lady in the office agreed with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

but even the lady in the office agreed with him.

What in the name of bejaysus has that got to do with anything:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

but even the lady in the office agreed with him.
    did she put that down in writing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭pj9999

Got the letter from the revenue today - they revised the OMSP down even more than I had suggested.

Cheque for e500 in the post :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Nice one! Goes to show that making a complaint can bear fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Fair play for lodging the appeal. Most people whinge about it but do nothing.

As a matter of interest, if you type in details of your car now, have they adjusted it on the system or are they going to just keep ripping people off and hope they don't complain?

Also, if they base the OMSP on what they see in Carzone, CBG wherever...most cars on there are dealers cars and would include warranty etc. which the private seller would not include and hence a lower resale value for private sellers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

pj9999 wrote: »
    Got the letter from the revenue today - they revised the OMSP down even more than I had suggested.

Cheque for e500 in the post :-)

Congrats. Good to hear you persevered, despite the pessimism in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Fair play...did someone notify Brian Cowen:D:D:D last minute adjustments;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Excellent, well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Matt Simis wrote: »

If you had the car for more than 6mths in another country and plan to move here permanently (for more than 1year) then you dont pay VRT either (while this process is underway you would be driving on non-Irish plates).
    http://www.irishlinks.co.uk/importing-car-ireland.htm
    That link is crap. You have to have lived abroad for at least 12 months, and be able to prove it with documentation. The revenue website is the one to look at for all the details.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 46 wjc

Am bringing in 2006 A6 s-line which I have bought from brother in UK. Rang local vrt office and gave them vin no and reg of car. Got shock when they came back and said there was 16k vrt due on it because of extras ( leather,sat-nav, bluetooth, alloys, parking sensors). Said they had been in contact with head office in Rosslare. If you look up revenue website for same model and year they value a basic 2006 Audi A6 2.0 TDI at 36.5k. They value an Audi A6 2.0 TDI SE at 38.5k and they value an A6 2.0 TDI s-line (the one I have) at 42k. I Should only be paying 12.5k VRT according to revenue website. Now they are looking for 16k VRT which means they are putting an open market value of 53.5k on my car. This seems ridiculous and surely the extras like leather,alloys,sat nav have been factored into the difference between basic model and s-line model (5.5k). Should I email details to a few of big vrt offices (Dublin,Cork) and see what they come back with? Should I just pay it and appeal? Anyone any experience of this? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

You will get the same answer your best best is to check out Audi garages here and see what the cars of the same spec etc of the car you have are going for. Or ask someone in the garages what the price on that car would be if you were looking for one here

Advertisement