Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerial Photos of Donegal

• 14-11-2007 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Came across this while looking for property, its a DCC website that shows Aerial photos for the whole of Donegal (i think everywhere is covered). The sites for planning permission, but i'd reckon more people use it just to be nosy:D

http://www.donegal.ie/gplan_donegalssps/

Nice to look at my home place and remember all the places we explored as kids.

Sorry if this is a pre-post or the site is common knowledge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I use it a lot for planning purposes. It's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Crikes, good site alright..aerials about 2-3 years old i reckon if not more.. must send an e-mail or 2 to some people "am watching you":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Or you can use an alternative - the planning map search and with zooming in (x 2 increments) you can get all the local road numbers by hovering the cursor over a selected road. Very handy when you are reading those notices in the papers about roads being closed and diversions.

Zooming in a bit further will get you the planning sites either on map or aerial photo format.

Fantastic site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

nice find, just found my mums and some other families homes, doesn't seem any more than couple years old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

I've wasted a good bit of time here over the last couple of years.:)

The pre-planning photos date from the summer of 2004, at least in the Ballybofey area. The photos in the planning map search are a couple of years older, going by the houses you can see under construction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

irish-stew wrote: »
    nice find, just found my mums and some other families homes, doesn't seem any more than couple years old

At least two and a half years old. My sister and her husband started building their house July 2005 and there's no sign of it there.

Nice to see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 loughdergjunkie

If you think the council's website is good, try www.osismartmaps.ie It's much more user friendly and abit more detailed

If you think the council's website is good, try <SNIP> It's much more user friendly and abit more detailed
    Can you link to where they can be viewed free of charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

If you think the council's website is good, try <SNIP>] It's much more user friendly and abit more detailed

This post looks suspiciously like advertising to me. :confused:

deman wrote: »
    This post looks suspiciously like advertising to me. :confused:
    It does indeed and while I give loughdergjunkie the chance to clarify he/she has obviously declined and hence the suspicion confirmed.

Edit by muffler: I have discussed this with loughdergjunkie and Im now happy enough it was an innocent post just providing an alternative site for map/aerial viewing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement