Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fair trade round 3

Options
  • 14-11-2007 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

paddy-power giving 14/1 on paul jewell as next ireland manager.
    Betfair users requesting 10/1 :)

last price matched 9/1 on betfair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

come on man, there is no liquidity in that market on betfair, what are you going to do have a fiver on at 14s with paddy p and lay it back at 10s on betfair. how sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

lol,.... if you got a few grand rotting in betfair ,... then why not ?
    you'll make a lot more trading than leaving your money in the bank.

if placing a fiver here and there is your thing , then it's not much use , thats true.

anyway , the point is, ...thats its free money if you have the money. when i posted the bet there was a few thousand euros worth to be snapped.
    it was a big jump and the fastest moving player on the market...
    when you see that quantity of money arriving on a market with little liquidity , you get the feeling that somebody knows more than you do.

still ,..show me odds on any bookie thats almost twice the return of a request on betfair.

there was never thousands there to lay jewell in that market, there hasnt even been 2000e matched on him in total since the market was opened.Believe me betting 5 euros isnt my thing. the other problem with your suggestion is the fact that paddy powers wont take a decent bet on a special market like that..so basically its pointless putting up that trade you suggested.

keep an eye on this forum and i will put up a decent horseracing bet for you... not an arb or a trade just a good value bet

yeah, there was thousands actually,.... it may have been withdrawn before being matched though !!

There is no value in backing horses,... the amount of fixing that goes on undetected is crazy. that i know for a fact.
    A 26 y-old guy I knew had 3 houses bought and paid for from the proceeds of gambling,... he worked seasons on a stud farm in kildare, enlightened me to the going's on , not just on his workplace, they are all in it together.

sAme with the dogs,... i used to work with a guy who was the punter for the dog owners, ( so they wouldnt be seen to be placing bets).

2 gambles ,... firstly you are gambling that it is a straight race , and then 2ndly you are gambling on your horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You could say the same about tennis.

Also, just because it's not a fari race doesn't mean it'll work against you

• Advertisement

Anybody take the tip i posted ?........
    he's big favourite all of a sudden ,
    lay the lot... they havent even decided who the panel will be to pick the next manager !!

there is plenty of value in backing horses once you know what you are doing.

Yeah ,... i dont know anything about horses, the little i do know has steered me clear from ever touching them with decent money !!

Will keep an eye out for your tip K101 , will follow what you recommend with a wager !
    Cheers !!

are you involved with horse-racing K101 ? or keen follower of the sport ?

Bubs - i hear what your saying , i just mean that you could very well be placing the smartest bet on the quickest horse , only to find he been held back.

yeah backing horses is what i do. . will hopefully tip something decent up soon enough

Advertisement