Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

connecting N80 to PC via wifi?

• 14-11-2007 3:17am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to connect my N80 to my PC over wifi so I can transfer files between the two?

I have been able to get it so that I can set up an ad-hoc network between the two (to the extent that they see each other) but I can't figure out how to get files transferred between the two.

Is there some software needed on either device or is there a specific way to set the connection up?

Or is it just not possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

Hi, have an N80 myself. I think i remember the manual saying you need to set up a media server on your pc first - http://www.simplecenter.com/nokia/ - before you can tranfer files in the normal way. I didn't bother with this, seems like too much hassle, just used bluetooth instead.
    I've seen mention to other apps that do something similar when i searched google but still seems more awkward than bluetooth

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, don't have bluetooth built into the PC but might pick up a cheap adaptor and be done with it - just need an alternative to the cable as it keeps disconnecting and is a pain in the arse some times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Definitely for convenience bluetooth is the way to go here - you can pick up a dongle for about €25. I played with mediaserver when I first got my N80 and it was a resource hog. With bluetooth you can just plug in your dongle, issue a voice command to your phone and you are good to go.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Saw Aldi had one for €10 (a bluetooth dongle) but my local one didn't have one when I checked today... will try again during the week.

Advertisement