Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Logistic cruisers

Options
  • 14-11-2007 4:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Chaps how many of you can use them? And do regularly?

CCP is really *really* after boosting them to a level where their actually useful. They have hac resists.. and the ability to run multiple large armor or shield repairer/transfer modules indefinitly (providing you set them up well)

I've been flying the Gallente Oneiros long before the changes of course.. but more recently found it a lot of fun to fly for carebearing and pvp. Mines able to have a decent tank, along with 4 remote large armor reps going indefinitly :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Pardon my ignorance but "hac"?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

mamolian wrote: »
    Chaps how many of you can use them? And do regularly?

CCP is really *really* after boosting them to a level where their actually useful. They have hac resists.. and the ability to run multiple large armor or shield repairer/transfer modules indefinitly (providing you set them up well)

I've been flying the Gallente Oneiros long before the changes of course.. but more recently found it a lot of fun to fly for carebearing and pvp. Mines able to have a decent tank, along with 4 remote large armor reps going indefinitly :)

HAC = Heavy Assault Cruiser - in terms of the post basically means resists in the 70-80% bracket as a base.

I've only ever used logistics cruisers for POS shield repair but have always figured they would be a nice addition in fleet war, but i have never seen them widely deployed.

If they get a significant boost thou it would be great, might keep all the mission whores even happier I could imagine.

HAC = Heavy Assault Cruiser - in terms of the post basically means resists in the 70-80% bracket as a base.

Dang... now I want one, only manage 50-60% even with invunrability harder and em resist amplifier (2nd hardner really gives very little bonus for the extra slot and high capacitor drain). Could up those levels by training up the BC skill (+5% resist all per level) I know but not worth the time I feel since at this point I just want to upgrade to a decent BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I can fly a basilisk but haven't yet, I've seen guardian's and schimatars (sp?) used in fights and they were the only things keeping us alive. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

farohar wrote: »
    Dang... now I want one, only manage 50-60% even with invunrability harder and em resist amplifier (2nd hardner really gives very little bonus for the extra slot and high capacitor drain). Could up those levels by training up the BC skill (+5% resist all per level) I know but not worth the time I feel since at this point I just want to upgrade to a decent BS.

No point rushing into ships above what you can use really well. HACs have immense requirements to fly at all, and BS need a lot of supplementary skills to be able to use effectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Zillah wrote: »
    No point rushing into ships above what you can use really well. HACs have immense requirements to fly at all, and BS need a lot of supplementary skills to be able to use effectively.

when did you get all knowledgeable mr. returning to eve person :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭kaahooters

logistic ships are ok.. not great, but its always funny to get a kill in one, if you know what your doin and the gang knows how to use the ui your set, if not you is gonna get pwned hard, that said, ther fun, bit expensive to fit out propler, and you will die horibly if is the first tim youve used it.

use the t1 equivlant fro a while first and get use to it.

or just go and train for heavy interdictors ,theyll be fun when they ome out(end of the month aperantly)

Zillah wrote: »

I know, need to train on large turrets before getting a Rokh for example. After that I'll probably put some time into secondary turret skills to improve tracking and such and drone improvement skills to keep the medium drones alive longer and ensure that they cover the range where the turrets have too low a tracking speed to be effective. But sure Eve is a game of patience if nothing else since it's always just a matter of waiting to gain a skill/skill level.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

R0ot wrote: »
    when did you get all knowledgeable mr. returning to eve person :D

When I realised that a Raven was completely wasted on Khan Zu. There's a bunch of skills she needs before its really worthwhile, though I'm currently ploughing all my SP into drones and exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

My alt flies a Basilisk. It is I have to say, all sorts of awesome [I have it set up so its the equivalent of a perma running capital remote booster, which is nice for all those spots carriers cant reach or lock in time] mostly for missioning but also works nicely in PvP - recently a friendly Myrm baited an Astarte pilot at a gate, when we arrived the Myrm was in structure [Astartes are *nasty*]. A quick lock up and my alt and a corp mate in the Gallente logistics had him back up to full armour and shields in seconds. Astarte couldnt even make a dent, and with us sitting 50-60 km out there wasnt a lot he could do.

Only downside I find is trying to use the alt and the main in the same battle - rather a lot of multi tasking required.

I dont really see people training and flying them on their mains though unless theyre going for a carrier. If you want to get on killmails youll need damage dealing drones or a weapon high slot, or maybe an ewar midslot and both takeaway from what the ship is supposed to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

I currently Fly/have flown the Guardian ..it doesnt do much for shield tankers but it can rep up some armor or boost cap brilliantly ... need to get it into action more and get a good loadout for pvp/support

Advertisement