Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of playing...

Options
  • 14-11-2007 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

I've been doing alot of looking around the internet about LOTRO lately, anyway, it all round looks very impressive. I play WoW at the moment but I'm growing tired of it tbh :/ The more realistic graphics of LOTRO are more to my liking and having not played it I can't really say about the gameplay but it looks basically the same as your average MMO.

The only thing holding me back is payment. I use gamecards for WOW since I have no credit card, so I would need the same for LOTRO. I seen on another thread about GAME supplying them. I live in county Kilkenny, so where would the nearest GAME store be? (no sarcasm :P) Or if there is anywhere else that supplies LOTRO game cards nearby too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, I've no idea about gamecards, or where to get them, but if you liked wow, then you'll most likely like LOTRO. They pretty much took the best parts of Wow and added to it. It does have it's problems, the main one at the moment being that many people have lost interest in it. And many others simply don't have to time for it.

But if you like the Lord Of The Rings books (and to a lesser extent, the films) then you'll love the game. It really fleshes out the world and the quests make you feel like being part of the whole story. It's a great game, and I'm really struggling to find time for it at the moment. Hopefully I'll get to play again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You could look at the 3V cards which might get you around your creditcard problem.

All in all I think you should give the game a go, once I get more free time I'll be back playing.

Advertisement