Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Journal entry re Income Tax Due

• 14-11-2007 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Finalising my year end accounts, I want to put in a journal entry for IT due, I am assuming I credit IT due under current liabilities and debit ????

I am using Quickbooks.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Hi Peter,

You should debit a profit and loss account - not sure if you're a sole trader or company but it should read either income tax or corporation tax expense.

I don't use quickbooks myself, I use mamut and the applicable nominal code begins with 8.

Hope that helps - please feel free to pm if you need anything more

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Thanks,

I therefore assume I add back the IT due when I am computing my net adjusted profit tax comps?

Advertisement