Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mad Cow roundabout

Options
  • 14-11-2007 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Heading down the N7 this eve from north Dublin at 5ish

Is the Mad Cow still as bad as ever ?

Am I better off heading to Lucan and across by Adamstown ?

Traffic this morning was painful - I can't imagine it will be a nice spin!

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

its not really a roundabout anymore - they have completely rebuilt it :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its not *that* bad tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

Its way better than it used to be. Its not a roundabout anymore. More like a combination of random roads. Be better again once they clean it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh just make sure you watch the road signs, with the new spaghetti layout, it's not always very intuitive which lane you should be in. i.e. to get to the M50S heading inbound on the N7, you use the middle lane, which then sweeps around to the left and joins the M50S.
    Since you are coming from the M50S heading N7 outbound, then as the lads have said, it isn't a roundabout you'll be using anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Heading down the N7 this eve from north Dublin at 5ish

You're bottleneck is the M50 southbound to the toll. It will be very slow but moving. Whereabouts from North Dublin are you starting from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

unkel wrote: »
    You're bottleneck is the M50 southbound to the toll. It will be very slow but moving. Whereabouts from North Dublin are you starting from?

Thanks lads, coming from the airport.

Reason I am asking is the last time I was heading down ( Sunday at noon ), I spent 45 mins on the slip road from the m50 south onto the roundabout.

Is it free flow now ?

It's semi-free flow if that makes sense :) There is a dedicated lane for M50S->N7 outbound, however there is traffic lights at the top where it intersects with M50N->N7 outbound and the N7 outbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I'd suggest come off at the N4 roundabout, head down toward liffey valley and take the outer ring road. It will bring you out by the Independent Newspaper building on the N7

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If taking the Outer Ring Road then turn off the N4 at the Texaco/Foxhunter turn left at the top of the slip and keep going down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Don't be telling everybody about the new link road from Lucan to N7 or it'll get choked up with traffic:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Or to avoid the Toll Bridge altogether slip off at Blanchardstown and head to Lucan via Clonsilla, should save some time for you and a lot less traffic.

While I use the ORR a lot, it isn't all that great as there is soo many traffic lights on it which can be very frustrating as I always seem to get red lights! Grr But in general, yes it's traffic free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

ok, so am I right in thinking if I head out the back of the airport - through Kilshane cross - down through blanchardstown ind estate - onto clonsilla in through lucan and accross the "outer ring" past adamstown onto the N7 its quicker than the m50 to the mad cow and down the m7 ?

I will try this so - hope you guys are right ( Lucan can be nuts !)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Lucan is indeed nuts. However, since all the crap with the M50 and the Mad cow roundabout started, nuts has become a relative term.

That said, the new M50Southbound>N7Eastbound slip might have helped things.

Advertisement