Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for sale and rent.

Options
  • 14-11-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have come across a couple of houses on accomodation sites that are both for sale and rent. If a house is already for sale how does this affect tenancy for the person renting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Usually the rental ad will specify it's a short lease and you'll have to facility viewings by prospective purchasers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Afuera

If the landlord finds a buyer, it's possible that the tenant could be evicted with 28 days notice. Also, the tenant would have to allow access for people viewing the property at a time that suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

This is with a one year lease. So from what I can gather this would mean that the tenant can stay for a year even if the house was sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Afuera

Provided there are no breakout clauses in the lease, you should have security of tenure for the full period. You'll need to read the lease very carefully though to make sure that they don't refer to an adoption of the normal reasons to terminate the lease which come as part of a standard Part IV Tenancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Thanks that is what I wanted to know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement