Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lipstick v's lipgloss

• 14-11-2007 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Lipgloss is the new lipstick compared to 5yr ago. You never run out of lipgloss but lipstick - the old twisty ones seem to be out of fashion like green nail varish (oh idea of thread).

Whats in your bag??

Lipstick v's lipgloss 9 votes

lipstick
    0%
    lipgloss
    100%
    PythiaDeadevil129dirtydressLivingDeadGirlSusannahmia~nop~LeebycookieblissDizzyblonde 9 votes

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Long hair and lipgloss dont go together. So lipstick ftw.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

lipgloss
    I think lipstick has its place, but personally as I'm in my 40s I find a soft-coloured (not toooo glossy) lip gloss is much more flattering than a lipstick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I have two items from No7 - Stay perfect Lip Lacquer with lip gloss on the other end. I find that lipstick and lacquer dont last as long as gloss. It keeps you lips protected during winter and glossy at night plsu, you dont get colour encrusted in chapped or dry lips.

Lancome juicy tubes for the "oh so wet" look
    or else this in the Bare colour

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=XR1HJIB3UOZB1LAUCJ2RXCQ?id=P91112&categoryId=C10302&shouldPaginate=true

I swear by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I use both, I have nice creamy nude coloured lipstick from Clinique which I use with a juicy tube. Twice the lipsitck goodness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

watna wrote: »
    I use both, I have nice creamy nude coloured lipstick from Clinique which I use with a juicy tube. Twice the lipsitck goodness!

Have to agree both is best i think. a lot of the time you cannot get the right colour in gloss, so use a base colour and then a clear or just a lightly tinted gloss. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Lip Gloss for me mostly! Sometimes i would use lipstick for a bit of colour before applying the gloss but during the night I would never re-apply the lipstick... just the gloss! :)
    "Lip Injection" by "TwoFaced" is my favorite lip gloss! Stings like hell when you put it on first but it does make your lips look fuller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

KtK wrote: »
    Long hair and lipgloss dont go together.

True
    jules80 wrote: »
    Have to agree both is best i think. a lot of the time you cannot get the right colour in gloss, so use a base colour and then a clear or just a lightly tinted gloss. :)

I use a Revlon Colourstay gloss. It has two wands, one for colour which you let to dry fully before using the other wand to apply the gloss -magic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Lipgloss ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

you can get ths little lip gloss that you tie onto your mobile phone. its handy to have. its on sale in chemists. i got some in portugal this summer but ive seen them in dundrum now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I love the Colourstay (which is like a tattoo!) then a gloss over it.

I put this on first thing in the morning, but NEVER remember to put the gloss on again.... and after copious amounts of coffee its gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

More fashion and appearance i think.

Hope its ok :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

lipgloss
    I like a colour that lipgloss can't give, so I have to say lipstick. I do have some lipglosses that look nice over a lipstick for a night out, but I generally don't find them strong enough on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

*Lees* wrote: »
    "Lip Injection" by "TwoFaced" is my favorite lip gloss! Stings like hell when you put it on first but it does make your lips look fuller!

I have this stuff - YOW! Stings like hell!! Fun though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I cant wear lipstick, I dunno if it's just that I cant find the right shade but I always feel like I'm a kid wearing mammys lipstick :D It just doesnt look right on me! I love lipgloss, not too sticky or too shiny tho. Using Maybelline shinylicious fruity gloss at the mo. I like the taste!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

There's only one lipstick I'll wear, it's Isa Dora creamy mocha and it's lovely.. kinda hard to find, department stores never stock it, I usually find it in local chemists and when I do I usually stock up.. Otherwise I'll just wear lipgloss.. can't really go wrong with gloss can you?

Dinxminx wrote: »
    I have this stuff - YOW! Stings like hell!! Fun though! :D

Yep, have that on me right now.. Oh the pain :D I forgot I had it on the other night and my boyfriend gave me a kiss.. Men are such wusses lol.. the whinges out of em..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

lipgloss
    I love lipstick, lipgloss is too sticky and too glossy looking. With lipstick you can get that "stained" look that is gorgeous. It's classic and will never go out of style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I prefer the ladies to wear lipstick

Lipgloss nearly always tastes like you just kissed a bottle of fairy liquid

somethin ive always wondered!!! Ye know them ads were they have lipstick that doesnt rub off, how do ye get it off??????

unreggd wrote: »
    I prefer the ladies to wear lipstick

Lipgloss nearly always tastes like you just kissed a bottle of fairy liquid

somethin ive always wondered!!! Ye know them ads were they have lipstick that doesnt rub off, how do ye get it off??????

Sandblaster...

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

lipgloss
    Lipstick definitely, when you've wild curly hair like mine sticky glosses are not an option! :p If they're not very sticky and it's not a windy day they can be alright. Generally lipstick gives better colour, and looks more natural(depending on the shade you choose) as gloss is very obvious because it reflects light.

That said I probably own a lot more lipglosses than I do lipsticks, they seem to be a popular choice for presents! Got a wonderful Bobbi Brown set from my best friend when she came back from the States, four lovely soft shades. :)

Advertisement