Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building work beside Tesco maynooth?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I was wondering does anyone know what the building work currently ongoing beside Tesco in Maynooth is for?

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i know tesco had plans for a number of retail units on the site of the old mart.not sure if this is whats happening now though.would be interesting competition for the manor mills sc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

They are building a new Tesco there and demolishing the current one. That land will then be used for more retail shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

Yep a new bigger store as big as the one in clarehall is going up next door. The current site is to be occupied by retail units, i heard through the grapevine that b&q are one of the chains interested, could be complete lies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm not sure B and Q there wouild be viable, their store out at Liffey Valley pretty much services the North Kildare area.

I could be wrong though.

Would be interesting to see what shops open there though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

And there is another one in Naas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

why does tesco in maynooth need to be bigger? This is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

apparently, the "new" tesco that is being built is going to be the biggest store in ireland and the UK. i was going past on the bus the other day, had a look in and the place is MASSIVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Bloody hell. I stopped going to Tesco in Maynooth because it was too big. I could never find anything in it. Now they want it bigger????

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The new one is going to be 50% bigger than the current one, I think. Not sure if they're dividing the existing store in to units or demolishing it and adding more, mind.

Advertisement