Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Nolans Complaint Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Its Like a Joe Duffy moment on the internet.

well... in my head it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

copacetic wrote: »
    sure there is enough empty space in your head to park a few cars, you should get on to Brian about a business deal..

To Copacetic,

Thank you for your email. I find it difficult to make any substance of the matter which appears in the form of your posting.
    However, I will try to endeavor to address your specific point in question as follows.

I think it is a swell.

Regards
    David J. Mikelov.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

To Copacetic,

Thank you for your email. I find it difficult to make any substance of the matter which appears in the form of your posting.
    However, I will try to endeavor to address your specific point in question as follows.

I think it is a swell.

Regards
    David J. Mikelov.

Dear Mr. Mikelov,

I appreciate your telex of 14th November. I will be at the general post office at 10am tomorrow morning the 15th of November. It you have access to a 'telephone' system please call the operator there and ask for Professor B.J Copacetic to discuss further. If you are agreeable I will take the steam train directly to meet and discuss the situation with you. Perhaps luncheon at the Grand?

Regards etc.

Prof Copacetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Oddly enough, I'm in a hotel at the moment and they still offer a "telefax" service.

Whatever the hell that is.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its a TV fax combo - it faxes you the screen shots your favourite programmes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

seamus wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I'm in a hotel at the moment and they still offer a "telefax" service.

It's like a hotel that has a lot of rooms.

In each room, there are groups of people. Each group is huddled around a fax machine. You tell the group what you want to fax and they do it for you.

Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

unkel wrote: »
    Brian Nolan, there's a lot of tolerance here on the classic cars forum. That's why I'm leaving your post here alone. It is spam, but it is on topic. I've deleted your other post which was just spam. Do that again and you will post here no more!
    Brian, the above post is about a post in a thread about car storage, thus it was left alone.

=-=

Now, you joined in November 2007. Three months previous to that, there was a car show, which was advertised at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54394876 and you spammed with your crap two f**king months after the show was held.

And this is what it comes down to.

Posting thread about your storage space in a thread about storage space = good.

Posting about your storage space in a completely unrelated thread = spam.

It'd be like posting an ad about where you get your thong in a thread about... oh, lets say... t-shirts(?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

What a weird Spammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I thought this thread was an interesting example of 'how not to use the internet' until I reached posts number 33 and 34.

Then it because a perfect example of precisely how to use the internet.

I lolled so hard I made a lollersnort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Am I missing something? Wasn't the OP advertising?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

<--- See that nickname there Brian, believe it or not, Beruthiel is not my real life name. That's because I don't want everyone in the world to know who I really am.
    it is my name that still has not been cleared

If you had taken a second before registering on this site, you might also not have used your real name, thus making sure nobody knew you unless you wished them to.

Now everyone has given you a pretty good explaination on how this site works and you just don't seem to be getting it or understanding it.

As seamus put so simply, we have rules here and a certain way of running this place.
    You should have looked into that and read up a bit before just wading in without giving it a second thought.
    I put it to you that you have nobody but yourself to blame for this perceived mess of yours.

David Michael and copacetic, thanks for that early morning laugh :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I thought this thread was an interesting example of 'how not to use the internet' until I reached posts number 33 and 34.

Then it because a perfect example of precisely how to use the internet.

I lolled so hard I made a lollersnort.

I was lolling very hard then I saw 'lollersnort' and did exactly that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dudess wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Wasn't the OP advertising?

Yes he was but he feel he has the god given right to post what he wants and when he get told he was wrong to do so says he is being defamed :rolleyes:

godgivenright.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Brian Nolan

Beruthiel (apparently not you real name!)

With reference to your post I wish to make it clear that I deliberately placed my name with my post, my office number and my mobile number.

I did wish people to know my name as I was genuinely offering classic cars storage to fellow enthusiasts. This was based on a level of trust between myself and the people who would rent the space, and I would expect them to be honourable.
    No need for false names, mobile numbers only, etc. I do realise that this concept might be hard for you to grasp.

However, I am now withdrawing this service.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Brian, do you just store classic cars or do you store other things?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Are you withdrawing the service as a whole, or withdrawing the service to boards.ie users as advertised by yourself?

Whisk Ey Man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Brian has requested his post to be removed, kbannon has done so.

I would suggest we now leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

With reference to your post I wish to make it clear that I deliberately placed my name with my post, my office number and my mobile number.

I did wish people to know my name as I was genuinely offering classic cars storage to fellow enthusiasts. This was based on a level of trust between myself and the people who would rent the space, and I would expect them to be honourable.
    No need for false names, mobile numbers only, etc. I do realise that this concept might be hard for you to grasp.

Brian

Brian you exposed your phone numbers to the gods only know how many people not only those on this site but also anyone who can use google.

If this was deliberate the you should have taken an ad out with boards.ie for your business and the add could have targeted the motor forum.

If this was not deliberate and you had no idea that your number would be both on this site and saved in google for anyone to access for what ever reason then you have a bit to learn about the internet and people.

As nice as it would be to think that all people are honorable and that no one would abuse your phone numbers this can happen.

As nice as it would be to think that everyone pops by to offers services to a community here on boards are honorable most are not. Many people just sign up to use this site for free advertising. This is not acceptable to us and we have rules about this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

No, what I cannot grasp is the naivety and shortsightedness of doing such a thing.
    I cannot understand how someone would not have the foresight to know how dangerous it is to put up personal details on the world wide web where all and sundry can read them.
    You only need one lunatic to make your life miserable by crank calling you at all times of the day and night.
    If you think that everyone on the planet is trustworthy then you cannot have left your house ever, or read a paper or seen the news.

• Advertisement

Brian
    Brian, you are failing to see the workings on the internet. Discussion forums (like boards.ie) allow people to choose aliases. This is the way they have always worked and long may it last. Its the same idea as choosing an email address. Freud might say that it has somehting to do with an inner child or something - did you never want to be superman or whoever? The internet allows this. And forget about legal matters as everyone can be tracked if needs be.
    Anyhow, it is foolish to publish a phone number on the internet as there are too many nutters out there. Do you really want some headcase ringing you at 4am? Do you really want every scumbag who can read knowing your address so they can call round and see what you have?
    With regard to your offers, kind as they were, they were still business offers which under the terms of agreement on boards.ie are not permitted. However, unkel felt that he would leave one as it was in tune with the particular thread.
    However, as for your feelings of harassment and defamation. It is only you who can see these. No harassment or defamation was used. There was some friendly banter within this thread but it was friendly. If the moderators/admins felt bad enough about your case they would have just used their ability (which under the sign-up terms you agree to) to lock your account (commonly referred to as using the banning stick).
    Now as someone who felt personally angered by your last PM to me, I'm willing to offer the hand of friendship and say bygones. Lets move on Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Asok wrote: »
    I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogiro?
    146862djlhwgz1.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

seamus wrote: »

Its a big building where people pay to stay overnight. But thats not important right now....

:p

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Brian, its really REALLY not a good idea to put personal details on the internet.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Yes he was but he feel he has the god given right to post what he wants and when he get told he was wrong to do so says he is being defamed
    :D What age is this person??
    Yes, "apparently".
    Ah yeah, to hell with privacy all together!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Silverfish wrote: »
    I was lolling very hard then I saw 'lollersnort' and did exactly that :(

Me too. Now every time I think of the word "lollersnort", it makes me do one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Faith wrote: »
    Me too. Now every time I think of the word "lollersnort", it makes me do one.

I've heard "lollerwaffles" before, but "lollersnort" is a new one on me. I like it :D

who wants to do the honours?
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Lollersnort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I got the same spam to the miniclub forum in my sig, so it's not just boards getting the backlash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement