Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Nolans Complaint Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

DeVore wrote: »
    Its a big building where people pay to stay overnight. But thats not important right now....

:p

DeV.

There is never a bad time for an Airport! joke..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

This thread made me laugh so hard I cried real tears. I don't know where to begin explaining the joke to people in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Brian you exposed your phone numbers to the gods only know how many people not only those on this site but also anyone who can use google.
    HAHAHA. The numbers are in Google cache, where they'll stay forever. Good luck with getting Google to remove them!

Oh, and it's a pity it's an 086 number, as if it were a 087, the voice mail would have probably been changed by 6am the same morning...:D
    ned78 wrote: »
    I got the same spam to the miniclub forum in my sig, so it's not just boards getting the backlash.
    This would lead me to believe that he is knowingly spamming multiple forums, and is acting "innocent" when caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

hardCopy wrote: »
    This thread made me laugh so hard I cried real tears. I don't know where to begin explaining the joke to people in work.
    A+ Would read again!

It really was a classic, I was caught in work laughing my hole off, don't know how to explain it :D

Thank you Brian Nolan, thank you so much, great read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I also was sitting here chuckling away to myself. Again, how do you explain this to people... Class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Brian Nolan

Hi Kbannon

Thank for your post. I do understand the workings of the internet. I am aware that Discussion forums (like boards.ie) allow people to choose aliases. As you state this is the way they have always worked.

With reference to your statement “Freud might say that it has something to do with an inner child or something - did you never want to be superman or whoever?”

No, I never wanted to be superman. However, I would like to have made it to
    Formula One. I only made it to Formula Ford as I just lacked raw talent for that level of motor sport.

Kbannon the phone numbers which I placed on the internet are my business numbers as I am a self employed Auctioneer. I advertise on other property web sites using the fore mentioned phone numbers and my business e-mail address, which I might add at great cost.

I had the bad press before – ex Mechanic becomes Auctioneer (employing how easy it is obtain) at the end of the day this did me no harm, I keep meaning to express thanks to the reporter for the publicity as I could have never afford to acquire such press time.

My total business concept is based on a level of trust and honour that is why I work for myself. (At the end of the day who have to answer to yourself).
    I am under no pretence that everyone I come across act in the same manner in business. I can assure you I have met my fare share of undesirables and will continue to do so, that is a fact of life.

It was not my deliberate intention to cause so much upset among boards.ie.
    I did not regard 2 posts as Spam (unsolicited advertising), as I felt both were on topic, if however I was to offer the space for FREE would such a public showdown have come about.
    There should be an effort made to distinguish the genuine people from those who just want, for want of a better description, free advertising.

I disagree totally with your opinion that it is only I who can see the level of harassment and defamation. I would not regard that it was totally friendly banter, I would also like to stress nor did a legal friend of mine see it that way.

However I did receive a level of support form different people by PMs, by phone and e-mail to my own business address.
    To the person who sent a PM about the storage for Citroen DS, and the other person who rang with the Austin Healy 3000 I apologise for not getting back to you.

I have been invited to advertise the car storage on another web site but I have declined the offer at this point it is not worth it if my own cars are left vulnerable to damage.

Kbannon at this point I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the private message I sent to you.

I found myself sinking to a new low especly if I was to respond to every contributor on boards.ie - hence the reason I did not respond to Seamus and his penny worth.
    EG: “Am I saying we discriminate against people based on participation? Yes” there is no answer to such a self appointed prosecutor, judge and jury. His day will come!

At this stage I am sure that the genuine contributors to boards.ie are sick of such petty juvenile behaviour been posted back and forward and I wager would rather see more important related posting.

Any way lets move on and thank you for removing my post re car storage.

Kbannon, I'm also willing to offer the hand of friendship.

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I found myself sinking to a new low especly if I was to respond to every contributor on boards.ie - hence the reason I did not respond to Seamus and his penny worth.
    EG: “Am I saying we discriminate against people based on participation? Yes” there is no answer to such a self appointed prosecutor, judge and jury. His day will come!

Sounds like a threat! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

I would also like to stress nor did a legal friend of mine see it that way.
    Did you say the magic words?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

henbane wrote: »

this should be very interesting indeed...

/sits back and wonders how this will be handled

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow.

Although, Mr. Nolan doesn't seem like bad people. So there's that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

henbane wrote: »

He sure did

/breaks out the beer and popcorn and settles in for a fine evening's entertainment

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@ Brian - stop digging that hole please!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah that made me laugh. You clearly didn't read the rest of my post. Or more likely, you chose to ignore it.
    I would not regard that it was totally friendly banter, I would also like to stress nor did a legal friend of mine see it that way.
    I would be very careful with the "L" word around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

6th wrote: »
    Sounds like a threat! :eek:

didnt come across as one to me, just a "what goes round comes round" ie someday on another board he'll get the same treatment perhaps.
    Quote:
    I would not regard that it was totally friendly banter, I would also like to stress nor did a legal friend of mine see it that way.

he dosnt know that such threats can equal a site ban, so there's no need to starta witch hunt just yet. Maybe it would be best if this thread was locked, no? He had made his points and said he wants to end in friendship.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Just read this whole thing
    OMG :eek:
    L***L friend
    ooh were getting somewhere
    kbannon watch your back (or your letterbox :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Scummyscousers

Dear Sirs,
    This is the most excellent leveling you guys have gotten in a long time. Brian Nolan take a bow. I love the polite yet indignant phrasing. LOL And now if you don’t mind I have to administer a fatal beating to someone for jamming the photocopier.

Yours in admiration of Brian the storage guy,
    Scummy. (owner of classic Starsky and Hutch matchbox car, stored in my sock drawer)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Any way lets move on and thank you for removing my post re car storage.

Kbannon, I'm also willing to offer the hand of friendship.

This seems to have ended on a good note, so before the cat pics find there way here, I shall close this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

didnt come across as one to me, just a "what goes round comes round" ie someday on another board he'll get the same treatment perhaps.

he dosnt know that such threats can equal a site ban, so there's no need to starta witch hunt just yet. Maybe it would be best if this thread was locked, no? He had made his points and said he wants to end in friendship.

+1. It was VERY amusing while it lasted but maybe it's time to move on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement