Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Ever XI from your team

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

redzerdrog wrote: »
    john o shea

isnt he a quarter back ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Taibi
    blackmore..... blanc.... Prunier......o'shea

Chadwick ........Kleberson.......... Djemba Djemba....... Greening

dong........ Forlan

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Some really short memories on here...

Torvan Picnic for liverpool was possibly the worst player i have ever seen. Ever.

I think it's harsh to put players like, Morientes, Blanc, Keown, in worst ever teams. Granted they might not have been at their peak when they played for the teams in selection but their overall career should be considered.

The worst ones are the ones that are total **** consistenly throughout their career, the ridgewells, knights (zat) Picnic's, Traore (Djimmmy), cygans... Note of mention to gary doherty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Such as?

Phil Babb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Galvasean wrote: »
    Arsenal:

Vince Bartram

Oleg Luzney
    Steve Morrow
    Igor Stepanovs
    Alberto Mendez Rodrigues

Chris Kiwomna ----Eddie McGoldrick----Isiah Rankin---Glen Helder

Francis Jeffers
    Julio Babtista

For the younger posters you can add Peter Marinello instead of Babtista
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Marinello Arsenal's record signing at the time.
    And there's no way Blackmore or Forlan should be on the United team, I would put Silvestre in instead of Blackmore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

lordgoat wrote: »
    Torvan Picnic for liverpool was possibly the worst player i have ever seen. Ever.

Beat me to it. Him and Kvarme are a hell of a centre back combo. But we are a flexible team so we could always slot Djimi T in there and go 3 at the back..

Terrible.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Surely John Scales should be in the Liverpool teams?

DesF wrote: »
    Surely John Scales should be in the Liverpool teams?

It's not that he wasn't a bad player. He WAS sh!t. It's just that Kvarme, Babb, Traore and Piechnik were worse. Pellegrino was pretty fcuking horrific as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ecoli wrote: »
    Taibi

dong........ Forlan

Repalce Blackmore with Paul Parker, I used to close my eyes everytime he would get the ball ina defensive position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Robinson

Chimbonda Dawson Gardner YP Lee

Jenas Zokora Malbranque

Left 3 spots open but 8 useless bastards is bad enough

Feck it, I'll lump in Rebrov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

An Irish team is bound to spark debate so off the top of my head -

Nick Colgan

Jeff Kenna
    Paul Butler
    Gary Breen
    Brian Carey

Graham Barrett----Eddie McGoldrick----Graham Kavanagh---Joe Lapira

Jonathan Macken
    Gary Doherty

I know I've missed loads but this'll get you started.
    Here's some that stick out for me in addition to the above. However, think its a bit harsh on Kavanagh.
    Alan Kernaghan, Bernie Slaven, Mickey Walsh, Kieran O'Regan, Ashley Grimes, Liam O'Brien, Mike Milligan, Jim McDonagh, Eamon Dunphy, John Anderson, Jon Goodman, Ken De Mange, Mickey Evans, Gareth Farrelly, Owen Coyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

lordgoat wrote:
    Some really short memories on here...

&
    ibh wrote: »
    Beat me to it

Beat you both too it actually ;)
    Raekwon wrote:
    Yesterday, 14:20

Liverpool fans, what about Kop legend Torben Piechnik?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

ecoli wrote: »
    Taibi

dong........ Forlan

Has yer man Blomvisqt made into any of the worst Utd teams? Does anyone remember Peter Barnes' stint at Utd? Alan Brazil also deserves to be in there.
    Would say a bit harsh on Blackmore, played in nearly every position for Utd from 1983 - 1993 (approx) scored a few pens and free kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I would say that's pretty harsh on Blackmore, O'Shea and Forlan. He wasn't that bad for United, we've had worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Everton

1. E. Baardsen (gk)

2. Marc Hottiger (rb)
    3. David Burrows (lb)

4. G.Keely (cb)
    5. Carl Tiler (cb)

6. Nyarko (cm)
    7. Vinny Samways (cm)
    8. Peter Degn (rm/cm)
    11. Ian Wilson (lm)

9. Brett Angel(st)
    10. Bakayoko (st)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Seaneh wrote: »
    Take Gary Breen out of that team now, there were far worse Irish centre backs than Breen.

For sure. Breen was poor at club level but put in some very good performances for Ireland, we've had worse than him.

Jazzy wrote:
    isnt he a quarter back ?

Methinks you in the wrong forum there Jazzy.

PS Surely any worst Ireland team has to include Clinton Morrison. What a waste of space, he's no use even at championship level never mind international.

Raekwon wrote: »
    &

Beat you both too it actually ;)

Ok. Didn't read all the posts. He is my automatic answer whenever anyone ask's me that question.

That's some good quick postin' Raekwon..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

aidan24326 wrote: »
    PS Surely any worst Ireland team has to include Clinton Morrison. What a waste of space, he's no use even at championship level never mind international.

Clinton's played 36 times for Ireland and scored 9 goals. 1 in 4 is a pretty good average at international level. Yes he's sh1te but his record is good so hence his exclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I never understand the John O'Shea hate. As a Manchester United fan i have a soft spot for him, granted he switches off sometimes, but so does Rio. John got slated after the 2nd Arsenal goal 2 weeks ago but why? And after all how can i dislike someone who:

a) Scored in the Kop End in the 90th min to win us the league.
    b) Went in goal and stopped Robbie Keane 1v1.
    c) Nutmegged Luis Figo when he was in the top 5 players in the world.
    d) Was a phenom in his first season in the premiership.

I wouldnt put him anywhere near the worst ive seen for United. I think Silvestre is far more of a clown.

As for my worst 11, do i really need to go further than Eric Djemba Djemba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Diouf was a reasonable player - but an awful human being.

The spitting incidents aside he was brutal at Liverpool. He cost £10m and scored about three goals for us in two seasons. Then people say he was signed on the back of 'great displays at the 2002 World Cup'. He was average at the finals and uncharacteristically great in qualifying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Ok then Utd 11:

Barthez
    Parker Prunier May Lee Martin
    D Ferguson Djemba*2 Klebersen J Cruyff
    Dion Dublin Davenport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The spitting incidents aside he was brutal at Liverpool. He cost £10m and scored about three goals for us in two seasons. Then people say he was signed on the back of 'great displays at the 2002 World Cup'. He was average at the finals and uncharacteristically great in qualifying

Wasn't Diouf African player of the year 2 years in a row around that time too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Didn't he win African player of the year that year and almost single handedly led Senegal to the final against Cameroon. I thought he was worth a punt at the time, turned out to be a lot more trouble than he was worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Only going on players I've seen... And some of these weren't that bad, but I couldn't think of anyone who'd been worse in their position...

Rami Shaaban

Nelson Vivas
    Juan
    Igors Stepanovs
    Stathis Tavlaridis

Glenn Helder
    Stefan Malz
    Eddie McGoldrick
    Alberto Mendez

Kaba Diawara
    Francis Jeffers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

An Citeog wrote: »
    Didn't he win African player of the year that year and almost single handedly led Senegal to the final against Cameroon. I thought he was worth a punt at the time, turned out to be a lot more trouble than he was worth.

I confess to believing that he was going to be a hit for Liverpool after impressing for Senegal. And yes, he was African Player of the Year in 2001 and 2002, but I try not to read too much into individual awards.

I am going to be slated for that last statement.

aidan24326 wrote: »

Methinks you in the wrong forum there Jazzy.

i was having a pop at his "versatility".

didnt think i would have to explain that....

Kold wrote: »
    Robinson

Chimbonda Dawson Gardner YP Lee

Jenas Zokora Malbranque

Left 3 spots open but 8 useless bastards is bad enough

Feck it, I'll lump in Rebrov.

how can you say robinson is bad he one of englands top keepers just havin a bad time of it recently think that kinda harsh

Celtic67 wrote: »
    Has yer man Blomvisqt made into any of the worst Utd teams? Does anyone remember Peter Barnes' stint at Utd? Alan Brazil also deserves to be in there.
    Would say a bit harsh on Blackmore, played in nearly every position for Utd from 1983 - 1993 (approx) scored a few pens and free kicks.

Jesper Blomqvist was a good player and i think one undervalued by united supporters thou i will agree he never reached his full potential as had the makings of a great player

PHB wrote: »
    I would say that's pretty harsh on Blackmore, O'Shea and Forlan. He wasn't that bad for United, we've had worse.

In regards forlan he has turned out to be one of europes top strikers no doubt but while he was at united he could kick snow off a rope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Only going on players I've seen... And some of these weren't that bad, but I couldn't think of anyone who'd been worse in their position...

Rami Shaaban

Nelson Vivas
    Juan
    Igors Stepanovs
    Stathis Tavlaridis

Glenn Helder
    Stefan Malz
    Eddie McGoldrick
    Alberto Mendez

Kaba Diawara
    Francis Jeffers

Pretty much agree it's hard to pick a really bad Arsenal midfield, maybe helder is a little unlucky from what I remember he was pretty ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

An Irish team is bound to spark debate so off the top of my head -

Nick Colgan

Jeff Kenna
    Paul Butler
    Gary Breen
    Brian Carey

Graham Barrett----Eddie McGoldrick----Graham Kavanagh---Joe Lapira

Jonathan Macken
    Gary Doherty

I know I've missed loads but this'll get you started.

Bit harsh on Kenna he was a decent player in his day.

Id definately have zinedine in my Ireland team, knocks the ball ten yards in front of him and dives on the fround whilst making an elephant charging look graceful, the man has been robbing a living for years every time he plays he looks like a punter who won a radio competition to play left wing for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Bit harsh on Kenna he was a decent player in his day.

Id definately have zinedine in my Ireland team, knocks the ball ten yards in front of him and dives on the fround whilst making an elephant charging look graceful, the man has been robbing a living for years every time he plays he looks like a punter who won a radio competition to play left wing for Ireland.

I thought eddie mc goldrick was a striker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Manutd:

Massimo Taibi

Phil Neville
    John O Shea
    William Prunier
    David May

Luke Chadwick
    Djemba-Djemba
    Ben Thornley
    Richardson

David Bellion
    Saha

Subs:
    Bosnich
    Miller
    Veron
    Kleberson
    Jordi Cruyff

I was jsut wondering if anyone or any liverpool fans remember Sean Dundee? I think it was Gerrard Houlier who signed him, could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Barlow07 wrote: »
    Manutd:

Massimo Taibi

Phil Neville
    John O Shea
    William Prunier
    David May

Luke Chadwick
    Djemba-Djemba
    Ben Thornley
    Richardson

David Bellion
    Saha

Subs:
    Bosnich
    Miller
    Veron
    Kleberson
    Jordi Cruyff

I was jsut wondering if anyone or any liverpool fans remember Sean Dundee? I think it was Gerrard Houlier who signed him, could be wrong though.

Saha when fit has been far from poor for United. Bit harsh on Phil Neville and John O'Shea aswell.

Saha when fit has been far from poor for United. Bit harsh on Phil Neville and John O'Shea aswell.

Maybe so, but i was struggling for a first eleven :rolleyes: Phil Neville was a good squad player but o'Shea i think deserves his place, rubbish for Utd and Irel in my opinion. Loui saha, never one of favourites players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Barlow07 wrote: »
    Phil Neville
    Saha

This baffles me!

How can you possibly put Saha in a worst ever team? same with Phil.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    This baffles me!

How can you possibly put Saha in a worst ever team? same with Phil.

I agree maybe phil doesnt deserve it, but Saha? when is ever fit, always injured, could never understand why fergie signed in him the January transfer window either. I wont be suprised if he is sold in the summer, Lyon as a possible destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I thought eddie mc goldrick was a striker?
    Nope - winger. Right-footed, but playing on either side of the midfield produced equal results. Equally sh*t.

Some crazy suggestions there.
    Dion Dublin/P Neville/ O Shea.
    Far far worse players than these, granted while saha is an injury nightmare he is not a **** player.
    Dion Dublin, model professional, shame he broke his leg first season he signed for man u, this may have made the move for cantona happen but again people have such short memories. 92-93-(possibly 93-94) season for man u, find out what games dion dublin scored in. And bear in mind i don' think he played enough to get a medal either season, but he scored some vital goals. And again was a decent player. I find it really hard that people include player that have played a handful of games!

O Shea, again there have been far worse defenders than him... And he's miles better than Torvam Picnic!!

• Advertisement

I say we start a new thread which is your all time worst XI from any team ever.
    i cba right now, but if one isnt up tomorow ill do it then (it will contain Antonio Nunez)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Wayne Henderson

Alan Maybury
    Andy O'Brien
    Gary Doherty
    John O'Shea

Rory Delay----Colin Healy----Graham Kavanagh
    Stephen McFail

David Connolly
    Alan Quinn

I only picked players with more than 5 caps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Healy was a good player, justunlucky with injuries, Delap was solid, can't see why he is in there as he never really got a chance with Ireland, Henderson is a good young keeper, not half as bad as Colgan or Kenny. McPhail is a damned good player and if injuries in the early part of his career hadnt almost forced him to retire he would be a regular in a mid table premiership team easily.

I could pick holes in most of your selection tbh.

And Ian Harte is a worse left full than john o shea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

lordgoat wrote: »
    And Ian Harte is a worse left full than john o shea!

Harte's one of our top scorers of all time so he can't go in it. His dead balls are too good.

saha would make it into any team in europe the fact that he cant stay fit dont take away from his talent as a footballer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Seaneh wrote: »
    McPhail is a damned good player and if injuries in the early part of his career hadnt almost forced him to retire he would be a regular in a mid table premiership team easily.

Stephen McPhail is still playing mate , he is earning a living at the mighty Cardif city : during his first season at Ninian Park, he showed his potential, being ever-present in the starting line-up and in July 2007 he was rewarded with a new four-year contract at the club[7]. Manager Dave Jones continued to show faith in the midfielder when, at the start of the 2007/08 season, he made McPhail temporary captain in the absence of normal captain Darren Purse and vice-captain Riccardo Scimeca.

EDItsorry i missed the Almost part. Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Man U

Taibi
    Silvestre Blanc Prunier Milne
    Kleberson Djemba Djemba Veron Miller Chadwick
    Forlan

Also in my least fave Man U formation ever. 4-5-1 was so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Too right. Phil Neville is a good player..

After he went to Everton, Alex Ferguson came out and said it was the worst decision of his life letting him leave, but he did it as phil neville said he wanted first team football every week. For someone like Alex Ferguson to come out and say that says something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Rovers

Russell Payne

Keith Doyle --- Robert Wolski --- Seanan O'Duochain --- Gary Kelly

Willo McDonogh --- Ed Green --- Bernard Daniels ---- Brian Byrne

Paul Stokes ---- Martin Cameron

Manager Roderick Collins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

The ones that stick out in recent memory, anyway

(Groan) Beasant
    Johnson----Leboeuf
    Bogarde----De Lucas