Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Ever XI from your team

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Id put De Lucas on any worst 11 ahead of Gronkjaer everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I thought Leboeuf was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Archimedes wrote: »
    Id put De Lucas on any worst 11 ahead of Gronkjaer everyday.

I hear that, both useless puddings tho.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

DSB wrote: »

It was just a rumour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

DSB wrote: »

Leboeuf was quality =/

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Ireland:

===========================Nick Coughlan

Alan Maybury=========Paul Butler==========Phil Babb=======Terry Phelan

Rory Delap=========Eddie McGoldrick=========Gareth Farrellly========Kevin Kilbane

==============Glen Crowe============Tommy Coyne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

DerKaiser wrote: »
    The ones that stick out in recent memory, anyway

(Groan) Beasant
    Johnson----Leboeuf
    Bogarde----De Lucas
    Gronkjaer--Jokanovic---Deschamps--Ambrosetti
    Sutton
    Cascarino

Subs:
    De Goey
    Huth
    Panucci
    Petit
    Casiraghi
    Laudrup

Dave Beasant was a quality keeper...

Frank LeBouef has a world cup winners medal. He was a good player at chelsea!

Deschamps, Petit and Laudrup are probably fair enough as they played feck all and were at the end of their careers.... but those guys in their prime would have been something else! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Stick Veron in there and you can have special dispensation to play 12 players! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

lordgoat wrote: »
    Some crazy suggestions there.
    Dion Dublin/P Neville/ O Shea.
    Far far worse players than these, granted while saha is an injury nightmare he is not a **** player.
    Dion Dublin, model professional, shame he broke his leg first season he signed for man u, this may have made the move for cantona happen but again people have such short memories. 92-93-(possibly 93-94) season for man u, find out what games dion dublin scored in. And bear in mind i don' think he played enough to get a medal either season, but he scored some vital goals. And again was a decent player. I find it really hard that people include player that have played a handful of games!

O Shea, again there have been far worse defenders than him... And he's miles better than Torvam Picnic!!

Think you're right Dublin didn't play enough games to auto get a medal but he was chosen by Ferguson to get a medal as the club are given number of medals which they can give to players who didnt play the required amount of games.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Celtic67 wrote: »
    Think you're right Dublin didn't play enough games to auto get a medal but he was chosen by Ferguson to get a medal as the club are given number of medals which they can give to players who didnt play the required amount of games.

Yeah something like that, i do remember him having a run of about 3 games towards the end of one of those seasons where he was immense. Need to find that DVD again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

lordgoat wrote: »
    Dion Dublin, model professional, shame he broke his leg first season he signed for man u, this may have made the move for cantona happen but again people have such short memories. 92-93-(possibly 93-94) season for man u, find out what games dion dublin scored in. And bear in mind i don' think he played enough to get a medal either season, but he scored some vital goals. And again was a decent player. I find it really hard that people include player that have played a handful of games!

Disagree, Dublin played 16 games in total for united, scoring 2 goals. He was completely out of place at united, broken leg or not. He is and was a model pro alright just never good enough to be a united striker. After coming back from injury he was never gonna seriosly smell the starting XI. Obviously he continued to do a good if unspectacular job at mediocre clubs after his departure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

menoscemo wrote:
    Obviously he continued to do a good if unspectacular job at mediocre clubs after his departure.

He went on to score over 100 goals at Coventry City & Aston Villa! That's far from mediocre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

The thread is about the worst ever XI at your club, not at some other club. He is and was a mediocre player who did a good job at lower teams like Coventry but was never in the class of a united striker.
    Edit- BTW it was the clubs i was describing as mediocre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Everton

Simonsen
    Peter Clarke----Craig Short
    Tony Thomas----David Unsworth
    John O'Kane--Danny Williamson---Nyarko--Claus Thompson(shudder)
    Bakayoko
    Cadamarteri

/throws up

damo wrote: »
    Everton

Simonsen
    Peter Clarke----Craig Short
    Tony Thomas----David Unsworth
    John O'Kane--Danny Williamson---Nyarko--Claus Thompson(shudder)
    Bakayoko
    Cadamarteri

/throws up

David Unsworth was a true evertonian, who was one of our top performers over the years. No way does he deserve to be in a worst 11... very harsh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

David Unsworth was a true evertonian, who was one of our top performers over the years. No way does he deserve to be in a worst 11... very harsh.

+1 def doesn't deserve to be in there.

I disagree, consistent donkey over the years. He made up part of the backbone of all the poor everton teams under Royle, Kendall & Smith. His only quality was scoring penalties....his defending was brutal.

damo wrote: »
    I disagree, consistent donkey over the years. He made up part of the backbone of all the poor everton teams under Royle, Kendall & Smith. His only quality was scoring penalties....his defending was brutal.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are of course wrong :D

The amount of times that Unsy saved us... goal line clearances, blocking down balls like a lunatic. He was one of the major components of the 'Dogs of War' team from '95 direction. He played very well for us in that season in particular on the way to the cup...

Consistent Donkey. One time Aston Villa sold him 2 days after they bought him because he was so bad. They found some gullible mugs down in Liverpool who took him.

End of thread.

:D

• Advertisement

It was more a case that his family didn't settle in Birmingham. Everton then signed him..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Unsworth

Yes thanks for clearing that up....it was clearly a joke, but thanks anyway.

No probs... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

About Pegguy Arphexad...
    My god. That name. The memories.

He only made 2 apperences, cant find which games, but I dont remember him for any howlers

Advertisement