Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Kicks much Easier,Too many Frees Given....

Options
  • 14-11-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Feel free to disagree but is it just me or are Free kicks alot easier than PES2006, i can only remember ever scoring 3 in that game over a year or something.

Yet in the PES2008 i scored at my first attempt and have gotten a few since, now im not saying the are EASY but just easier........

Also is anyone getting really frustrated with the referee in this game, he blows for absolutley everything, never before did harrassing a player with the X button result in so many frees....so frustrating

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i was pretty good at them on PES6, but find them very hard on PES2008, the only ones I have gotten have been on the edge of the 18 yard box and hammered into the back of the net, straigt down the middle. Have come close with a few others, but gnerally they hit the wall or go miles over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Tauren wrote: »
    i was pretty good at them on PES6, but find them very hard on PES2008, the only ones I have gotten have been on the edge of the 18 yard box and hammered into the back of the net, straigt down the middle. Have come close with a few others, but gnerally they hit the wall or go miles over.

I guess it could be a case that my bad technique of free kicks on the old game now suits the new game and vice versa, Ronaldo is pretty handy at them actually which isnt that realistic at all.....( man utd fan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Agree about the amount of frees given against you; I thought it was bad before but now it's rediculous. I'm sick of guy being able to push me off the ball and get away with it whereas I don't.

As a result, my average fouls per game is quite high and all for stupid ****ing decisions.

kaimera wrote: »
    Agree about the amount of frees given against you; I thought it was bad before but now it's rediculous. I'm sick of guy being able to push me off the ball and get away with it whereas I don't.

As a result, my average fouls per game is quite high and all for stupid ****ing decisions.

See thats the thing the computer gets away with it all the time where as i get blown up for everything, havent looked into it yet but i presume i can change the referee strictness setting can i?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think the free's are alot easier this year. I was class at them in PES5, not so good in PES6 and now I can hit them in 90% of the time, even with players who aren't great at free kicks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

24 games played, 36 yellows, 5 reds.

I'm really not a dirty player; it's the stupid ref decisions costing me dearly. :(

Ya a few of the straight red decisions are daft, one thing you dont want brought into a computer game is too much stopping and starting and PES has done this.....not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Yea, Red cards seem to be used alot in this game! Some very harsh reds given out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

What's the best way to take a free kick. I'm really sucking at them in this game so any advice appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

For close up ones, hold down on the d-pad and just as your player hits the ball hit the pass button. It makes the ball dip nicely.
    Further out dont hold down and just hit pass when the player strikes the ball. Guaranteed to go in nearly every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I find the ref a lot better. You still don't get frees for some of the blatant obstruction which can be annoying but the ref is def getting better every year.

As for free kicks - I wasn't prolific in the last game by any means but PES 2008 masterleague I bought Nakamura as my first (and only) purchase hoping he'd add some pace to my midfield. So far after 10 games with him in my side he's scored 4 free kicks - taken 6 I think. That said I'm finding it hard to score with other players - and Nakamura wouldn't have ridiculous stats or anything just I guess he's suited to my technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I always hold up for extra power - up and little to the side and hit through ball just as he strikes it for even more POWER :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Thanks for the free kick advice, I had a couple last night that nearly went in!! :D

But I'm getting closer than I was!! I found it much easier to hit the target in PES6!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Deffo seems easier alright, my freind and I often go the Chilavert route when taking them and even with the likes of Valdes and Buffon they seem to go in regularly enough.

Advertisement