Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dave Mustaine Tolerates RATT

• 14-11-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Having recently cancelled a European reunion tour, which would have been going through the UK at the beginning of this month, RATT members Warren DeMartini and John Corabi joined MEGADETH on stage in Melbourne, Australia on Tuesday, November 13 for a rendition of the MEGADETH classic "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?!" Corbai is a former lead vocalist of Motley Crue

Does this mean a possible RATT inclusion on the bill for the upcoming Megadeth European tour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Having recently cancelled a European reunion tour, which would have been going through the UK at the beginning of this month, RATT members Warren DeMartini and John Corabi joined MEGADETH on stage in Melbourne, Australia on Tuesday, November 13 for a rendition of the MEGADETH classic "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?!" Corbai is a former lead vocalist of Motley Crue

Does this mean a possible RATT inclusion on the bill for the upcoming Megadeth European tour?

would that be such a bad thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

everyone sells out eventually

buck65 wrote: »
    everyone sells out eventually

of course they do - sell out Wembley, The Point and most of the arenas they play :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    would that be such a bad thing :)

Not at all, thats what Im hoping for, I just find it funny because it was Dave himself who referenced Ratt as one of the no hope reasons he found to move his music ambitions with Metallica from LA to San Francisco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

metallica/megadeth/slayer thrash in general are full of total ****e, i like it as much as the next guy BUT
    metallicas black album sounds like Dr feelgood...both produced by bob rock..funny metallica had to turn to the crue to get their major break,after all the bull**** they said bout the crue.....tommy and nikki often hung out with the lads from metallica!!! metallica are **** talkers version1 by jaundice.:D
    megadeth id say are the same...and by all accounts kerry king is a ****

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »
    metallica/megadeth/slayer thrash in general are full of total ****e, i like it as much as the next guy BUT
    metallicas black album sounds like Dr feelgood...both produced by bob rock..funny metallica had to turn to the crue to get their major break,after all the bull**** they said bout the crue.....tommy and nikki often hung out with the lads from metallica!!! metallica are **** talkers version1 by jaundice.:D
    megadeth id say are the same...and by all accounts kerry king is a ****

straight out of left field...with an accompanying "where the hell did that rant come from"?

just saying that most thrash bands are hypocrits....they said glam was fake and **** to sell more albums.....but to get a breakthrough they copied glam.
    they also hung round with them.....thrash isnt a i quote james hetfield 'real' as they make it out too be.
    and ratt on stage with megadeth shows this, i think robbin pearcy(i know hes dead) hung round with ulrich too in the 80s???

would anal **** when around have called scissor sisters or limp bizkit on stage?????
    god no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Corabi is probably the best singer Megadeth will ever have :D

but to get a breakthrough they copied glam

er what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Doctor J wrote: »
    Corabi is probably the best singer Megadeth will ever have :D
    True in most aspects, but I'd love to see him doing a better rendition of Sweating Bullets ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

True in most aspects, but I'd love to see him doing a better rendition of Sweating Bullets ;)

I'd say he could pull it off, there's a song he did with the Crue called driftwood that is fantastic

ratt.jpg
    RATT Lineup Today

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    er what?
    ok maybe that they copied glam is a bit wayward, but they copied motley.
    the black album, is very similar in sound layout to motleys dr feelgood.
    metallica brought in bob rock after in the words of metallica being 'blown away by the sound of dr feelgood'.
    you seem to be a thrash fan and i know it sounds the same as saying jesus copied the devil, but this is fact.
    back to my point...thrash is full of craptalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'd like to never hear that awful song ever again but you can't always get what you want :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ok maybe that they copied glam is a bit wayward, but they copied motley.
    the black album, is very similar in sound layout to motleys dr feelgood.
    metallica brought in bob rock after in the words of metallica being 'blown away by the sound of dr feelgood'.
    you seem to be a thrash fan and i know it sounds the same as saying jesus copied the devil, but this is fact.
    back to my point...thrash is full of craptalk

The actions of Metallica and Megadeth aren't really indicative of the genre as a whole, just those particular bands. What about Testament for example? Or any other Thrash band who aren't Metallica?

i never said all thrash bands....just the big 3...metallica,megadeth and slayer.
    i like thrash as much as anybody here but, i find it funny the bull**** they come out with!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

i never said all thrash bands....just the big 3...metallica,megadeth and slayer.
    i like thrash as much as anybody here but, i find it funny the bull**** they come out with!!!

You said:
    kona wrote:
    thrash is full of craptalk

That doesn't exactly single out those 3 bands, you just say that thrash is full of craptalk. But fair enough though, if you're only refering to those bands, I can see your point.

sorry i ment to say most thrash, just like most glam is full of crap....but my top 5 bands are glam.
    i think you see my point anyways:)

Advertisement