Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sisters weddng song

Options
  • 14-11-2007 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

my sister is getting married next feb- she has everything done(mostly)

She doesnt just want the traditional music as she walks up the aisle she wants the instrumental version of "Night Swimming" by REM (i know its odd having a song about skinny dipping playing but it really is a beautiful melody)

This is what it sounds like - http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6WhWjsM6QM

Anyway we cannot find it ANYWHERE- i have trawled music shops and the internet and there doesnt seem to be a recoreded version of the instrumental. Shes pretty down about it she adores that song and has always pictured that as the song she walks down the aisle to

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Not really a Personal Issue. Try the Music forum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Not a PI.
    Moved.
    B

You could try searching for a MIDI file, and then get a recording studio, or someone you know who's handy with a PC and sequencing software to improve the sounds and timing of the file.

Here's a page with the MIDI file :

http://timbopage.tripod.com/pop.htm - do a search when the page loads for nightswimming.mid

There's a few bum notes, and there's a melody line playing instead of lyrics, but anyone handy could fix the bum notes, and just mute the lyrics/melody line for you, change the piano to a more realistic one, and you'll have a great file ready for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask the organ player at the church if he/she can play it? Maybe he knows someone whole can accompany with a violin/oboe/etc

biko wrote: »
    Ask the organ player at the church if he/she can play it? Maybe he knows someone whole can accompany with a violin/oboe/etc

The organ butcher? There's very few church provided organists who can manage the instrument in it's entirety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

its the orginal tune shes looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

So she wants it coming out on a stereo or something? I'd say you'd be very hard pressed to find a version of it so. Best bet is to buy the sheet music for it, and get an accompaniest to play it.
    Otherwise, George Bailey's suggestion is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Found a lovely version of it on itunes by the Vitamin String Quartet if that helps any.

• Advertisement
Advertisement