Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assasins Creed on PC

Options
  • 14-11-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Gah!!!

Assassins Creed looks to be being released in February on PC, I'm sad now.

Unless I'm completely wrong, am I?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Nope, Febuary it is AFAIK. Meh, there's plenty to keep you occupied til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I need help freezing myself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Its only getting mediocre reviews for 360.

A lot of hype it sounds like, its worth picking up but nothing what it was supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

tba wrote: »
    I need help freezing myself....

HHave you been outside today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Geff wrote: »
    Its only getting mediocre reviews for 360.

A lot of hype it sounds like, its worth picking up but nothing what it was supposed to be.

Eurogamer gave it 7/10 Ign gave it 7.7 but the Australia ign crowd gave it 8.7. Strangest of all though is gamespot who usually score harshly gave it 90,along with gametrailers who gave it a 91.

Was really looking forward to the game but cant afford spending 60 quid on muck.

Have a look at metacritic. Youll see what i mean regards the reviews. Ranging from 70s to 98s :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My god...different people have different opinions. And mediocre isn't 75+ Its just not living up to the hype (for most people) that was built up around it. Definatly one of the most hyped games in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wow those are some very different scores. Pity it will draw more focus than some of the other great games coming out.

And curses for the late PC release, I always preferred getting games on PC than console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The guys at Penny Arcade loved it and made a good point that if your playing the game for fun, you'll love it, but if you have to review it for a deadline then you won't because most of the fun comes from taking your time and going off the beaten track, rather than doing the missions one after another.

Just another opinion of course, but it made sense to me and I'm still willing the game to be as good as I'd decided it was in my head :)

Buying it anyway so I'll find out for myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

i just wonder how much of the building climbing is necessity and how much of it is novelty. The fact you can warp between towns kinda indicates to me that Ubisoft realized early on that the time spent between missions, commuting on horse back, was boring people.

When was there ever the need to warp from place to place in GTA?

But like others, i'll still definitely be getting this. If anything i'm glad about the mediocre reviews, it means I won't expect a lot. Bioshock was highly reviewed yet I don't think i'll ever play it again, yet another game I played recently, Infernal, received mediocre reviews but I thought it was an interesting and fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

What I thought was hilarious was some muppet on the GameSpot forums who thought that, since the australian IGN site gave it a 9 (or something like that) and that the US IGN gave it a 7, that there must be two different versions of the game and he was complaining that why should he have to move to Australia to get the good version. Needless to say, it was followed up by a torrent of abuse from other users.

• Advertisement

Yeah i have been playing it and it seems a great idea, but it is lacking something. As i am playing it i keep wanting more from it but its sadly not there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

steviec wrote: »
    The guys at Penny Arcade loved it and made a good point that if your playing the game for fun, you'll love it, but if you have to review it for a deadline then you won't because most of the fun comes from taking your time and going off the beaten track, rather than doing the missions one after another.

Just another opinion of course, but it made sense to me and I'm still willing the game to be as good as I'd decided it was in my head :)

Buying it anyway so I'll find out for myself!

Yeah that is an interesting perspective from Gabe, that the negative reviews are from reviewers just piling through the game to get to the end so they can rate it.

Made me change my mind about getting the game, might pick it up after all because I love open ending games that just let you explore. The actual missions in Crackdown were boring as well but I loved that game because of the way you could explore the whole city doing what you wanted.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/11/14

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

steviec wrote: »

I've learned to never listen to the big game review sites, I tend to stick to the individual forum reviewers.

What this game reminds me of is Spiderman 3. I loved this game, the freedom to web sling around New York, using your spidey senses to clean up the different areas. The choice of choosing the order in which to complete the missions, the variety of special moves and the various different storyline threads to follow. There was also a lot of extra, novelty stuff, like collecting tokens from the highest buildings, or the subways, even things like performing acrobatics mid air and running along the side of buildings. There was also a load of side missions like diffusing bombs, sky diving through hoops... etc

Another game like this was Just Cause, which I also loved for the freedom it offered

But both of these games got destroyed in reviews, and I think its for all of the reasons that Gabe outlined. The main storyline of Just Cause and Spiderman 3 wasn't that strong or even that long but it was all the side stuff and missions that made it fun and enjoyable. If I had just powered through the game not bothering with the optional stuff I probably would of also hated these games. But instead both of them made it into my Top 100 favourite games.

I've a feeling Assassins Creed will be the same. A game i'll end up really liking even though most reviews will destroy it.

Advertisement