Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accountancy Work

• 14-11-2007 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi all,

few small questions for ye

Im working in a Big 4 in their risk / tech departmen (mainly it work)t thingy and am on a aca training contract (straight in2 prof 3)

first point is regarding the exams, basically im not doing anything accountancy related work wise, just wondering is this going to be a major disadvantage for the exams
    specifically regarding the auditing exam (cause not doing anything audit related - wouldnt know a audit if it jumped up and bit me) , the firm said i could a month or 2 in the audit department
    and if i take this option what areas would people recommed that i get experience in (stock take?, bank recs?, debtors ?,creditors?, etc?)

second is regarding career path, i like the work im doing (intresting enuff, hours are grand etc etc) but mid term i want to get in2 corporate finance and long term setup a private practice -
    starting to think im selling myself short by not starting in audit and getting the necessary exp, at the moment the stuff i find most intresting is actually stuff im doing in the lectures (fin reporting, finance, management accounting) - would it be possible to get in2 these area's after doing 3 yrs in a tech department and coming out with an aca qualification.
    no really answer 2 this i guess - just luking for opinions! does any1 know how accomodating are big 4 firms about transfers between departments (only in the company 3 months and havent approached any 1 in work about the topic)

third is just a general industry question - being reading a good few of the posts here and ernst and young (not working there) seems to be getting quite a going over - business in a mess, big 4 becoming big 3 etc etc, is it really that bad? what happened? what was the cause of it?

thanks

Advertisement