Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone out there for Basketball?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Just an idea at the moment. I think there is an outside basketball court up at Charlesland Rec Ground.

I used to play when I was at school (many a year ago) and really enjoyed it. Is there any one else out there who would be interested in a getting a few people together for a friendly game each week?

Just a thought. let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I played in school and would love to play some more ball.

I may be able to get one or two more on board too.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Any height/weight/age restrictions?

im a 5 foot '8 inch /14 stone/27 year old....not a spring chicken, but like the thought of doing something fit.

Im only in greystones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Count me in too, fat git so a run around would help alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    Count me in too, fat git so a run around would help alot.

This is looking good so far. I don't think we should have any restrictions as i am also unfit, hence the need to find something i used to enjoy!

I'll talk to the Charlesland rec and find out price an avialablity see if we can take this further, but it will all depend on numbers in the end so keep posting you interest!

I asked my house mate if he would be interested, I think he would come, but only after my first basketball piss-about session.

i don't know if he thinks ill drop dead being unfit, or wants a laugh of a story of me turning up and know-one there. but its a future posibility.

Wolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'd be on for a go, though am horribly out of shape.

Forget Basketball, lets all go to Godfathers and put on more weight ;)

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    Forget Basketball, lets all go to Godfathers and put on more weight ;)
    Perfect apres-ball food.

Eoin, you're not out of shape. Round is a shape too! :D

Eoin, you're not out of shape. Round is a shape too! :D

Yeah, in the same way that looking like a walrus means I have a "swimmers body"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Damo75

Sounds good to me although I have to say that I haven't held a basketball for about 15 years!!

• Advertisement

I am concerned that you needed to clarify this statement with the words 'havent held a BASKETBALL'

;)

Well the good news is its €15 for the court up at Charlesland.

Bad news it's €500 an hour for a private ambulance service just in case. ;)

The court is hardly used so its not like the football pitches where you have to commit weekly or you loose you slot.

I've got two other people I know that could be interested. So, at the momment we could have 10..... BUT.... I'll PM those interested to see what day of the week and time best suits.

You never know this might work out yet. If not there is a business plan here for someone with respect to a male version of "bums and tums"....mmmm MBT's..... has a ring about it. :rolleyes:

Couldn't PM a few of ya so i'll post the next step here;

Could you confirm;

1) Ideal night(s) of the week and time?
    2) Night(s) and times you definitely can't do?
    3) How many other people you know who could come along if any?

Cheers
    Dave

tue
    wed
    thur

after 6:30 is fine by me

W0LFMAN wrote: »
    tue
    wed
    thur

after 6:30 is fine by me

Probably the same for me, but a little later would be good as I'm not in Charlesland anymore so need to stop off on the way.

7:30, 8ish would be ideal for me... don't have to PSYCO drive down the M50 home then.

I thought it was mandatory to PSYCO drive down the M50!!

1 week driving to Sandyford and already I feel like indicators are only for show and I should know by telepathy what drivers are going to do.

Don't use the M50 this saturday from 8pm to Sunday 11am. Me and my house mate are Closing it for the second half compleation of the Luus Line... bewarned!..

Thanks for warning. At last a valid excuse not to go to Dundrum.

You guys are going well on the extension. Whats the ETA to Cherrywood?

Jesus, you do need to do some exercise and get fit. You should have done that work last weekend, but you only got half done!!

Or is this a cute way of getting some over time in before Xmas.;)

• Advertisement

Don't know when cherrywood is going to be ready, but we only do the traffic management, there will be a full diversion in place, but after last weekend I don't think people know what diversion signs look like. should have been done last weekend but the high winds only allow half to be done..

Leave it as it is, it can be a tourist attraction.

Wouldnt be the first time the Luas didnt join up.

Traffic Management? very interesting, call you when I need a personal fast lane some nights?

yea sure, Lights blazing, horn Blowing ill get you through.

But if you want to be in a Que, no need to call...

OK... How did a thread about basketball turn into a commuting rant?

Mondays and Wednesdays are best for me, but until I perform a career realignment at the end of the month, it's virtually impossible for me to get to the courts before 8:30pm.

Anybody for Sunday mornings. Nothing like shooting hoops with a monster hangover!

Have we enough for full court? Personally I really like playing 3 on 3 half court, it's a lot faster and more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Damo75

Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday after 7pm suits me best ... looking forward to it!!

Hi Guys,

Looks like wednesday night is the night that best suits at the moment. I recon we get together, see how it goes and go from there. Other evenings or mornings (weekend) may be an option going forward.

So do you want to meet up tomorrow 21st Nov or give abit more notice and meet on Wed 28th Nov/ I suggest 8.30pm to start for an hour which we can always change.

Let me know if you can do Wed 21st Nov (tomorrow) and or Wed 28th Nov.

Cheers
    Dave

Already responded to the pm but that should suit. See you tomorrow hopefully!

M

sounds fine tommorro.

do I need to buy a basketball?

wolf

Now i've just found out i can't make it tomorrow!!

The wife is out so I'm in looking after the little ones.:eek:

How it stands for tomorrow 21st Nov.

YES=Wolfman, Slinkytoo, Findingnemo, mikedragon, Colin (a freind of mine)
    TO CONFIRM = Damo75
    NO= GingerDave, Eoin_s

So you are looking at 6 (assuming Damo is a yes) tomorrow or 8 next week.
    I don't mind booking for tomorrow but you all need to make a call between you and let me know. I reckon we can borrow a ball from the Rec Centre, but will check.

Sorry about that, totally didn't know the wife was out tomorrow (how dare she have a social life)!

Let me know what you want to do.
    Cheers
    Dave

• Advertisement

Brings the kiddies to see Daddy Be Like Mike.

Advertisement