Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE K800i only €129 on O2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Great deal and with €100 credit.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

makes me almost regret buying it a year ago now for 200..............almost. Great phone, unreal price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

How easy are these to unlock??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I paid 300 for one of these from vodafone around a year ago :eek: Great phone, my one has been through alot and still works perfectly although I dont use it anymore.

Hj

what do they mean by "up to €102 bonus call credit"???. They've changed things...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Come on Meteor...you know you want to follow suit!!! Nice to see some competition finally in the Irish market :)

I think €2 credit on SIM card and up to €100 for registering...

Thirdfox wrote: »
    I think €2 credit on SIM card and up to €100 for registering...

Damn they've changed the credit system. I was all set to buy a k550i. To get free credit you've got to top up by €20 in the previous 30 days. I can't believe it! Only yesterday did I decide to purchase from o2 then the next day......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

what do they mean by "up to €102 bonus call credit"???. They've changed things...

It looks like that have changed the free credit terms, you now have to top up a minimum amount to get your 'free' credit. or that's how i understand it

Edit beaten to it.

I think you're only guaranteed €10 credit by doing a €20 top up in the preceding 30 day period. There was I thinking you'd get a better deal near Christmas. I wonder did they change things specifically to support the k800i?

• Advertisement

:( - uncool, I remember the good old days when the free call credit was actually free! Now I have to spend money to get free credit?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

Crap - just received my k800i from Vodafone this morning (although damn quick, ordered it yesterday, less then 24 hours for delivery).
    Also got a 2gig card from shop4memory this morning also less then 24 hours delivery - amazing.
    Great phone except for the "bulky" camera and cover at the bottom.

the 2gb card? It's a M2 correct? Can you give me the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Now this is some offer! Ordered straight away! My friend just bought this phone 3 days ago and payed over €160 for it! Love when that happens! Haha. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bah! I bought this about 4 months ago for €250. I wish I had waited.

Does anybody know the proper deal with the credit? Do I get €10 a month like vodafone? It says I get €100 free credit.

[HTML]the 2gb card? It's a M2 correct? Can you give me the link?[/HTML]

Yip M2
    http://www.shop4memory.com/products/memory-stick-micro-m2.asp

All of these should work, except for the 4gig one - (not 100% sure about it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Does anybody know the proper deal with the credit? Do I get €10 a month like vodafone? It says I get €100 free credit.
    From the o2 site:
    If getting up to €100 Bonus Credit with your phone, this is the breakdown of the credit:
    As an existing customer you will receive €10 per month for the next nine months subject to minimum top up of €20 for the previous 30 day period. The first €10 will be applied within 72 hours of your registration. If you register your details with us online you will also receive an additional €10. This will be applied in month 10 and is also subject to minimum top up of €20 for the previous 30 day period.
    More info here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Don't forget to order through Pigsback if you're a member, 10 points back for ever €1 spent through O2's online store (due to end 30/11/07)
    http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/71/355.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Time to move up to the K850i methinks, now that the proles are gonna have access to the K800i.;)

Great phone, great offer. Even better when coupled with a 2GB M2 from 7dayshop.com. Think it works out to about €25 delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Anyone selling the K850i??? Mate is desperate to get one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah o2 are selling it but its ridiculous money at the moment, €400 approx. Customer care lady bumped me up to a Platinum upgrade because I asked nicely so might get one around March/April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

looks like there doing this to match the vodafone offer

pity the free credit isnt free as that would make it a great deal, but have the phone 15 months so happy enough if its price stays highish :)

edit: i think the vodafone offer was better, needing only a 10euro topup for 10euro bonus

indeed - it looks to be a terrible blow for those people trying to sell their K800i on adverts.ie now... some still want around €150 for it!

indeed - it looks to be a terrible blow for those people trying to sell their K800i on adverts.ie now... some still want around €150 for it!

lol, forgot about that! They're f**ked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Vodafone have done the same to their 'free' credit offer.
    You have to top up by €10 each month to get your 'free' €10
    Also if you are still receiving credit from a previous upgrade, that gets deleted once you register a new upgrade (ie: the most you'll be getting 'free' is €10 in any given month)
    Just got a Nokia 6300 for €119 with €100 credit btw.

-C

to be fair I had a think about it and I think it works out around the same as the old offer. They're just rewarding people who buy lots of credit with an extra tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Now this is some offer! Ordered straight away! My friend just bought this phone 3 days ago and payed over €160 for it! Love when that happens! Haha. ;)
    He can return it with 7days i think and then get another.I have done that before.

He got it off ebay I think. He definately didnt get it off the o2 shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 siobhcc

to be fair I had a think about it and I think it works out around the same as the old offer. They're just rewarding people who buy lots of credit with an extra tenner.

Its a really to stop the someone buying a cheap phone and registering for the credit
    Thats what I was planning to do anyway! d:rolleyes:

People will have to buy the credit now to get the freebie so the networks are happy. People who would have bought 10 will feel they have to buy 20 now

I have a question? I know the k800i isn't an "i-mode" phone but it does have push email. Can I get my emails (gmail) sent to it like an i-mode phone with i-mail does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nice offer this. I'm shocked O2 are so quick to respond to Vodafones new pricing!

now...just to wait for Meteor to respond... please respond Meteor!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

now...just to wait for Meteor to respond... please respond Meteor!!! :(

I'm sure they have a christmas tv ad campaign ready to go... without the k800 of course or maybe its already running ;)

Meh - they should just buy a couple of the O2 K800i's - unlock and debrand and sell at E149 :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Meh - they should just buy a couple of the O2 K800i's - unlock and debrand and sell at E149 :p
    You should be their marketing director :)

Imagine how funny it would be if this actually happened... what is the legal situation when it comes to unlocking a phone - is it that only the network operator is "legally" allowed to unlock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

Is the K800i any use as a Camera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

The K800i can take the 4GB M2 card, I have it in mine and its working away, no probs !

• Advertisement

http://www.flickr.com/cameras/sonyericsson/k800i/
    These are photos taken with k800i

Just looking at flickr:
    Wonder if the graph will shoot up now that they are a decent price? :D

K800i Usage This Year
    261_graph_model_users_4c1073381b.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ah jaysus. I just bought the k800i from vodafone for 150 yesterday. Still a great price but 02 are cheaper for calls and texts arent they ?

Advertisement