Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Packet Loss in MMO Planetside

Options
  • 14-11-2007 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm a Planetside(MMOFPS) subscriber, been playing nearly 3 years now. Planetside has 3 international servers, one in Europe(werner) and two in the states(emerald and markov). I play on the European server. Until recently I've had no problems but a few weeks ago I've started getting major packet loss, as has anyone else that I know who uses Eircom and plays on Werner.

We can all play on the American servers with no Loss(high ping granted but no loss), it's just the European based server that suddenly has lots of loss. I know people in the UK, Europe, the US and even Australia who are connecting to the European server and getting zero loss, it's just Eircom customers who suddenly have the problem.

I pointlessly rang Eircom and they asked me to reset my modem:rolleyes: or that my firewall was blocking it. Not very helpful.

Any ideas what Eircom have gone and done now?

The IP for the European server is 195.33.135.34

Advertisement