Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router with O2 broadband?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Am new here so be patient and gentle...!!

I have broadband access thru wireless (from O2) which works by plugging the supplied 3G SIM card into a supplied modem which then attaches to your laptop or PC via USB etc etc

The coverage/reception strength of the wireless broadband unfortunatley reduces significantly just as you reach my house (I maybe in a blackspot?) and so is poor enough and only certain parts of my house receive the coverage required to give true broadband/3G. In other points in my house, it drops off to EDGE and even slower.

What I wondered was: Is it possible to connect the USB to a wireless router (do these have a USB input?) strategically placed where it picks up the strongest signal (i.e. HSDPA) and then via the router wirelessly connect to the Internet on the laptop anywhere in the house?

If so, what do I need to do?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Search. been answered before.

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Whilst we have you here Watty.

Can you tell us how to do a search for words with numbers like 'O2' and '3G'.

They would be the keywords for searching for the above query and both cannot be used in a search on Vbulletin in a normal way.

I know its off topic; but this is a new member.

boopolo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

boopolo wrote: »
    Whilst we have you here Watty.

Can you tell us how to do a search for words with numbers like 'O2' and '3G'.

They would be the keywords for searching for the above query and both cannot be used in a search on Vbulletin in a normal way.

I know its off topic; but this is a new member.

boopolo

Do a google search with "site:boards.ie o2 3g" as the search string

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

click on search in forums
    click advanced
    select only Technology | Net & comms | Broadband forum

put "USB router"
    Without the " won't work as search needs at least 4 letter words!

I don't know if the results link will work
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=222183

Remember 3, O2 and vodaphone more are less the same thing, so same router will work.

Advertisement