Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL down in Dublin 8?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else had no NTL broadband for nearly 2 weeks now? This is around the Ushers Island/Thomas St area.

First NTL said it was a fault in the area, then they sent an engineer out to look at my friends connection, who said it looked like a fault in the area.

This was last week and it's still not fixed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Nope, I am in the Christchurch area, and havent had any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Their "technical support" are still giving him the brush-off saying there is a fault and there's no ETA for it to be fixed yet. He asked to speak to a supervisor and they told him "we don't pass calls to supervisors".

What an awesome company.

Does anyone have the email address of any managers in NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

not in dublin 8 myself but my ntl and my neighbors ntl was down in dublin 15 for most of yesterday and today ( around 24 hours in all ).

this is the forth time in the last couple of weeks ntl has been down , can't seem to get hold of anyone who can tell me whats going on.

It's still down for my friend, nearly 2 weeks now. He still hasn't had a call back from a supervisor, not has anyone told him what the problem is or when it will be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Down for me in D15 aswell, for last 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

I'm without Chorus/NTL Broadband now for over two weeks -- since Nov 1st.
    I cannot get any reply on their 1908 Cust Support number and my emails have remained unanswered.
    I'm posting this from an internet cafe ......... and I'm seriously tee'd off!

Genuinely, could anyone suggest what my next step should be? (in the light of not being able to make contact with Cust Supp). I'm at wit's end here ...... any advice at all would be gratefully received.

(I reckon it is the Modem that has gone belly-up; the multi-channel is fine.)

Regards,
    Jack C.

Send them a registered letter threatening legal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gavjd

I've also been having problems for the last few weeks, lost connection again this afternoon. Tried getting through to customer "service" a few times but just left on hold forever. My previous experience earlier on in the year was waiting 6 weeks for them to fix the problem - if this happens again I'm looking at changing provider.

Many thanks for that, ethO.
    Your advice has been taken and a registered letter has been sent.
    I also intend to highlight the issue on a local radio station on Monday. (Probably won't be any use in solving the problem ......... but it will do wonders for my Anger Management Resolution ;) )

Incidentally, I don't understand how your friend was successful at least in contacting Cust Support; I've tried dialling 1908 at least a 100 times in the past fortnight -- always to an engaged ringtone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Incidentally, I don't understand how your friend was successful at least in contacting Cust Support; I've tried dialling 1908 at least a 100 times in the past fortnight -- always to an engaged ringtone.

Then there's something wrong with your phone. I've had no problems using 1908 in the past and I've tried it again just now (on mobile and landline) and got through to the IVR after the first ring.

• Advertisement

Well, Moriarty, ........ I'll be blowed!!!
    I've just tried 1908 now upon reading your above post and again get a constant engaged tone. But, trying it from my mobile (for the first time ) I get thru straight away!!!
    So you're right ....................... my landline ( a Siemens cordless handset) won't dial 1908, yet no problems when dialling any other number. Very, very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Anyone else unable to reach www.facebook.com using NTL Broadband? Works fine through a proxy.

Advertisement