Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite girly tipple

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

MayMay wrote: »
    White wine or Vodka and Orange.

What's a Daiquiri? Where can you get them? They sound yummy!

a daiquiri is a rum based cocktail with lime juice and some kind of syrup that i cant remember..its like, sugar syrup i think. thats the original daiquiri. now you can get daiquiri's made with loads of different fruit flavours.... i love them made with mango nectar rather than a fruit syrup (and once i had one made with real fruit. SO GOOD)

most bars with a good cocktail menu should have a daiquiri as a standard i should think :) or something similar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Thanks Ellen, sounds yummy! Must get one this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I was drinking margaritas the other night and one i got was so salty it tasted just like saline it nearly made me sick. has turned me off them forever!!!

Long Islands have never done that to me before!

thats the worst!!!
    exact same happened to me in turkey a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

1. Long Island iced tea
    2. Martini
    Me all sorted and when i am broke
    vodka-straight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

def apple schnapps and 7-up. and always champers always goes down well with me:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Cosmos and Tia maria and coke....Such a girl.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

what goes down surprisingly well is southern comfort, lime and 7 up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

oh i keep forgetting my other fav drink is a nice G & T. my boyfriend got me onto it last vday. it's yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My old favourites:
    Peach schnapps, lime and water
    Vodka and mint - started as a bartender's fcuk up, tastes yummy!
    Southern Comfort (with or without red lemonade) - although it has the unfortunate side effect of making you smell like stale perfume for a day or two afterwards, so I avoid it now
    G&T
    Twinkle - Jameson, vanilla syrup, ice and lemon wedges, thanks Captain America's!

My current favourites:
    Purple People Eater - Porterhouse cocktail, they hate making it, I love drinking it.
    Tequila
    Jameson, with or without ice/water/white/red
    Kopparberg Pear
    Triple jager and red bull - the perfect balance for the cola bottle flavour, imho

The nicest strawberry dacquiri I've ever had was from the Capital bar. Mudslides from Captain America's are yummy as a dessert cocktail too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Current addiction is Mojito's - soo nice lethal as well. The aul reliable Margarita can't be bet either. Non cocktail regular drink is vodka & cranberry - kid myself it's healthy!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

mmm... double JD coke, no ice if im in a pub... im a little more generous with the JD and a little less so with the coke when im at home though... which i usually am... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Appletini

;) lol

I don't actually drink, so any cocktails I've had have been "virgin" ones - ie. no alcohol...

Virgin strawberry dacquiri
    Virgin Mojito...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

peachsnapps and cranberry juice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Tia-Maria, Vodka and Milk..yummy
    G+T ( has to be gordons and schweppes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Used to be a pint of bulmers girl, now I'm vodka and blackcurrant, or vodka and lemon. Pernod and black also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Ah guys... the best cocktails in town is in the Dragon on George's st... Yes!!!! And they are VERY CHEAP!!!! Been there twice this week and would recommend it to anyone...
    The best one had chocolate, Oreo cookie and strawberries... It was orgasmic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

A woowoo - vodka, archers and cranberry juice.

Fave one when I'm driving is a virgin strawberry dacquiri (best one ever at Paris, Las Vegas). Kinda makes me miss having a job and cocktail pitcher happy hours right from the office *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Smirnoff Ice
    Bacardi Breezer
    West Coast Cooler
    White wine and 7up
    Vodka and Blackcurrant
    Vodka and Shark

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Oh God, it was September the last time I was on a night out. How pathetic is that?! From what I remember :o , I like vodka and lime or vodka and cranberry. But I LURVE cocktails when I can afford them. mmmmm slurp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Gotta be vodka diet coke

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

bulmers light, moving onto vodka and d.c!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Malibu and Red. Tastes like Frosties. dead easy to drink.
    I'm a sucker for the sugary Girly drinks like Archers Aqua and Smirnoff ice.

i said mojito's at an earlier point - i take it back!! Got the most minging one in café en seine on Sat night €10 a pop - don't know what he put in it. He went missing for a half an hour as well :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Niamho! wrote: »
    Malibu and Red. Tastes like Frosties. dead easy to drink.

So that's what that Frosties tasting drink is!!! I find out at last! Yum.

€5 a cocktail in Capitol Bar by the way ladies, it's great! :D

Clare Bear wrote: »
    So that's what that Frosties tasting drink is!!! I find out at last! Yum.

€5 a cocktail in Capitol Bar by the way ladies, it's great! :D

Its gorgeous! only thing is, dont drink it if you want to get drunk. does very little. i drink it for a couple of hours if i wanna pace myself. its Delish!

I was in Capitol on Sat actually. Blendabull and Strawberry Daquiri!! although the Strawberry Daquiri's are not half as good as they used to be. :(

Niamho! wrote: »
    Its gorgeous! only thing is, dont drink it if you want to get drunk. does very little. i drink it for a couple of hours if i wanna pace myself. its Delish!

I was in Capitol on Sat actually. Blendabull and Strawberry Daquiri!! although the Strawberry Daquiri's are not half as good as they used to be. :(

Snap - was in Capital on Sat too - we were upstairs. How packed was it?? Word has spread, it heaves every sat night now. Was actually talking to a girl with a Stawberry Daquiri that i didn't know hmmm - wonder if it was you ha ha

Babette08 wrote: »
    Snap - was in Capital on Sat too - we were upstairs. How packed was it?? Word has spread, it heaves every sat night now. Was actually talking to a girl with a Stawberry Daquiri that i didn't know hmmm - wonder if it was you ha ha

Haha. i wasn't drinking them on Saturday! i had two bottles and Ran. never saw it so packed! it was crazy! i had to get out!!

Advertisement