Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Carr Retires From International Game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I thought we knew this weeks ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jesus I thought this was a thread dug up from a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ah well, there goes the Roberto Carlos right back :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DesF wrote: »
    I thought we knew this weeks ago?

News to me. Has it only just become offical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

He retired his career in his mid-twenties when he decided he had enough money, could have been a great player if he was bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Sposs wrote: »
    He retired his career in his mid-twenties when he decided he had enough money, could have been a great player if he was bothered.
    great potential in the early days, remember how he was constantly linked with man utd? have you ever seen him play with anything other that an angry bitter grimace face?
    i thought he announced his re-retirement a few weeks back? slow news day i guess

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Stephen Carr Retires From International Game...

...again

Hopefully Finnan doesn't do the same. I fear he will though, could never understand Carr being picked ahead of Finnan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I wonder how Shay Given got on with a certain ex-Newcastle manager too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

thank god, maybe we might see finnan at rigt back a bit more now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"Meh" seems the most appropriate reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

he was never the same after the knee? injury he had that kept him out for a long long time... who cares really? old news anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Oh Carr, you're such a tease!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I would side with the view that the injuries caught up with him rather than a lack of effort. He was great for most of his Spurs career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Good, he's been pure $hite since he went to Newcastle. Lazy ba$tard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

If he was a good player I would be dissapointed so I'm not.

Advertisement