Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living in leixlip working for HP

Options
  • 14-11-2007 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi there,

I am currently looking to house share in the Leixlip as i am soon due to start working for HP and have figured this would be best for getting to work just for the first couple of months! As i am moving from the U.K could anyone advise me on whether or not i should be paying a months rent upfront plus a deposit or just a months rent as its all getting very confusing...

Also what is HP like to work for as a company? What benefits are there? I.e. on site gym..subsidised cafeteria and does the company bus i have heard about pick up just at the train station? I am to be employed as a maintenance technician and my role has only been briefly described to me so if anyone knows of the resposnibilities expected of me to begin with just so i have a bit of a heads up?

Cheers

Mat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

mat9486 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am currently looking to house share in the Leixlip as i am soon due to start working for HP and have figured this would be best for getting to work just for the first couple of months! As i am moving from the U.K could anyone advise me on whether or not i should be paying a months rent upfront plus a deposit or just a months rent as its all getting very confusing...
    It's standard to pay 1 months rent in advance and 1 months deposit.
    So effectively you pay 2 months rent before setting foot in the door. On the plus side, you normally get your deposit back when leaving providing you take care of the place. When I moved from Ireland to the UK a lot of rental agencies were looking for 3 months rent in advance because they couldn't do a credit check on me... perhaps phoning HP Human Resources department and asking them for advice on local accommodation would be useful?
    Also what is HP like to work for as a company? What benefits are there? I.e. on site gym..subsidised cafeteria and does the company bus i have heard about pick up just at the train station? I am to be employed as a maintenance technician and my role has only been briefly described to me so if anyone knows of the resposnibilities expected of me to begin with just so i have a bit of a heads up?

Cheers

Mat
    Can't help you with this bit unfortunately. HR can tell you about benefits and the company bus route.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yeah, the bus will pick you up at Leixlip Louisa Bridge (it's where the blue water bit goes under the Station Road).

Saying that, some estates are only a short distance away from HP (about 20 minutes walk max).

Look on daft.ie for a decent place, and also the google maps link above, to see what estates are near HP, or near Louisa Bridge (for the bus link). Any questions about Leixlip, give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

HP has an incredible cafeteria, know a few people who work there. As for the estates near it, Elton Court, Leixlip Park, Castletown.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 "V"

Yea i work in HP and Leixlip would be the best place to get a house but you could also try Maynooth(good nite life) and Celbridge as there is a free shuttle bus from all 3 towns morning and evening. Hp is great place to work with a good GYM plus a very good sports and social club plus they have there own GAA and soccer teams.

Advertisement