Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka may quit Milan

• 14-11-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

AC Milan star Kaka says he could be forced to quit Italian football if the violence continues.

There have been several instances of hooliganism in recent times, and the problems reached a peak at the weekend after Kaka, who has been repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid, has already spoken of his concerns that the violence could deter top players from moving to Serie A, and has now suggested it could lead him to leave Milan to protect his family.

"Could I leave Italy? Yes, if the episodes of violence continue," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The football I love is happiness. At this time, I can't enjoy myself. Should there be big problems that would prevent me doing my job in an adequate way, anything could happen.

"There is the possibility of going to another country.

"I'm also worried for my family's safety. My wife and parents frequently come to the stadium. How can you be tranquil in this way?"

Real Madrid would probably be the most likely destination for him. Best player in the world my arse, I take back any superlative Ive thrown his way in the last year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Publicity stunt by Milan I reckon.

It's like a parent speaking to a bold child

"Eat your dinner or no smarties"

"Stop fighting or no Kaka"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Em why would you take that back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Because he cant play a half-decent game outside of the Champions League. He has been muck this season, as he was for most of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

DesF wrote: »

LMAO! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Archimedes wrote: »
    Because he cant play a half-decent game outside of the Champions League. He has been muck this season, as he was for most of last season.

Yeah only has 7 so far this season(grnted 4 were pens) Milan havent been great but I dont think you can say he has been muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

DesF wrote: »
    Nice pun.
    Usually its "Stop fighting or you'll be in caca".

Wonder if he'd consider a move to the Premiership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Sorry I thought you were saying you were pissed off with him for saying that. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Nice pun.
    Usually its "Stop fighting or you'll be in caca".

Wonder if he'd consider a move to the Premiership?

Who could afford the man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Chelsea of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Kaka has been muck??? come off it, Kaka is world class, no argument, form is temorary, class is permanent.... he is a phenomenal player and has been for 3 years or so now, you will be throwing your superlative comments at him again by the end of the season i guarantee.

is ronaldinho now muck also just out of curiosity? and what about when rooney goes on goal droughts, is he muck? maybe you should put a bit more thought into what you type?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

He didnt say he was muck , he said he has been muck , which is alluding to his form rather than his class

he also said he takes back any good things hes said about him, implying they were wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Doubt anything will come of it. Its just an effort to calm things down.

Real Madrid would probably be the most likely destination for him. Best player in the world my arse, I take back any superlative Ive thrown his way in the last year.

qft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Man City will sign him in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He's worth at least 40 million. I'd really hope we get in for him if he does move. The idea of an attack force along the lines of

Rooney
    Tevez
    --Ronaldo
    Kaka--
    Scholes/Anderson

That is actually a terrifying prospect

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Kaka as a right winger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Kaka as a right winger?
    I imagine PHB's playing my old favourite Champ Manager formation of 4-1-3-2 there. So Kaka wouldn't be a right winger per se.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Interesting that the solitary two voices blaming in Italy fans for this latest spark up both play for Milan (Seedorf refused to wear a black armband for the innocent Lazio fan shot by police).

You would swear their boss was a law and order politician trying to weasel his way back into power or something. :rolleyes:

Pighead wrote: »
    I imagine PHB's playing my old favourite Champ Manager formation of 4-1-3-2 there. So Kaka wouldn't be a right winger per se.
    Ah, the 5 No10s formation, I geddit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

PHB wrote: »
    He's worth at least 40 million. I'd really hope we get in for him if he does move. The idea of an attack force along the lines of

Rooney
    Tevez
    --Ronaldo
    Kaka--
    Scholes/Anderson

That is actually a terrifying prospect

What about Hargreaves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

tdv wrote: »
    What about Hargreaves?
    He'd play behind the front 5. He's the 1 in the 4-1-3-2.

Indeed, Pighead gets me :)

The basic principle is kinda, let them do whatever the **** they want when we have the ball, but be on those sides for defense. United are kinda doing it currently, but instead of 2 up front are playing one up front and one more holding midfielder.

'Go out there and do whatever the ****'

Sounds like a solid gameplan alright.

With Rooney Tevez Kaka Ronaldo and Scholes dictating, I'd say it'd work out ok :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

jaysus Kaka and Mascherano PHB? really living in a dreamworld ;)

Big names ahead of balance? What could possibly go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Pighead wrote: »
    He'd play behind the front 5. He's the 1 in the 4-1-3-2.
    It'd be more a 4-2-2-2 (a formation John Barnes made famous at Celtic) as Scholes plays pretty deep these days. Rooney and Tevez would track back more than Kaka and Ronaldo too. :D

Advertisement