Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra long reach brakes

Options
  • 14-11-2007 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can find extra long reach caliper brakes in Dublin?

As for how long, I'm not too sure, but I think I need 73mm. (The ones I currently have on the bike are old, old, old Weinmann single-pivot calipers that are described as "Type 730", which is what makes me think their reach is 73mm).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

I don't think there's any such thing as a 73mm front brake, the furthest any road caliper brake will stretch to is 57mm, which are usually labelled 'deep drop' brakes. Standard ones reach up to 47mm i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I'm here to tell you that they do exist. Take a look at the Tektro R556 or the Tektro 984 brakes here:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/brake-calipers.html

Trouble is, Harris don't deliver orders worth less than $100 so I'm wondering if anyone in Dublin stocks them...
    Itsfixed wrote: »
    I don't think there's any such thing as a 73mm front brake, the furthest any road caliper brake will stretch to is 57mm, which are usually labelled 'deep drop' brakes. Standard ones reach up to 47mm i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

OK, my mistake. I doubt you'd find any here, but maybe somewhere in the UK, but i'm sure you've thought of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Yeah but I can't find anywhere that sells those Tektro ones. The Weinmann ones I have work; it's just that they're single pivot, so they don't have the power they might.
    Itsfixed wrote: »
    OK, my mistake. I doubt you'd find any here, but maybe somewhere in the UK, but i'm sure you've thought of that too.

Advertisement