Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone credit surcharge

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Ah yes, the condescending attitude that will win the business of others.
    You obviously have little understanding of business.
    No, that wasn't my point. I don't go near the shops that charge the surcharge either. Nor do I agree with profiteering.

The maths and reasoning has been explained well above, but some here don't seem to understand it.

It's all down to what the business owner decides gives him a better profit - a surcharge and the loss of business that comes with it, or taking the hit and inviting more business. There are numerous market conditions that are not immediately apparent to the average consumer that would influence the business owner's decision. Sometimes, he'll be correct, other times he won't. Far be it from me or anyone else here no know any given shop's customer buying habits better than the owner himself.

No one is being forced into these shops and there are usually plenty of viable alternatives. I (and numerous other here) say vote with your feet, but for every person like me, there's probably 10 others that aren't quite so cost conscious.

Advertisement