Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Netgear router

Options
  • 14-11-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Second time this problem has occured. I have a netgear wireless router (WGR614 v7) supplied by NTL/UPC. I had a connection up to a while ago then it went. The internet light is steady-on on the router but the wireless light is flashing constantly. I can access routerlogin.net and get into the settings.
    What could the problem be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

The wireless lights flashes to show activity... the internet light stays on to show your logged into NTL/UPC. Are you able to browse the internet? If not - try restarting the router (turn off for 30 seconds) and restart your computer, if that doesn't work - reset your router and re-enter your details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I can't access the internet at all. I can't access the network with my itouch or my girlfriends Macbook which connect to the internet through the wireless. I'm not at home at the moment to check things. But I did try to reset the router and plugged out for 30 seconds etc. Whenever I go out I plug the router and modem out of the wall, would this have any effect?

Found this on the Netgear forums (here)
    Internet access was working ok, suddenly no Internet access
    Symptom(s): You may be experiencing these

- recent power outage
    - wired or wireless connection to router seems OK

Resolution(s): For whatever reason, the connection from the router to the modem occassionally loses synchronization. Try these tips to improve router performance.

- depending on your NETGEAR model, access the admin utility by "192.168.1.1", "192.168.0.1", or "routerlogin.net"
    - go to Router Status > Connection Status
    - click "Connect" to manually connect to ISP
    - should get WAN IP after a few seconds
    - if router connection to modem continues to occur regularly, check with your ISP for any issues,or try upgrading the firmware on your router.

I was affected by power outage just over a week ago but the router was plugged out at the time. Could it be damaging to plug the router out every night? So much for being eco-friendly :rolleyes:
    If there was a problem at NTL/UPC's side would I even get a response from the router via routerlogin.net? Or would the internet light be out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭DO0GLE

Having the same problem myself. My model is WGR613VAL with phone adapter. The phone works ok but I can't get a wireless signal on my laptop even though the signal strength is excellent. I contacted Blueface(VOIP provider) and they gave me a number for Netgear in Ireland 1800 453019. Will contact them when i get a chance.

I've always plugged out my router when not in use so now I'm thinking that might have something to do with the problem after seeing this post.

Problem (almost) sorted. NTL had mistakingly charged me for 2 broadband services :rolleyes: I rang them up and got one of them taking off, but instead they disconnected the wrong one. I should have service resumed today, hopefully!!

I'm still not sure if plugging the router out causes problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement