Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's On International Duty

Options
  • 14-11-2007 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

So thinking whose way for the two weeks now..??? Paul Robinson, Dimitar Berbatov, Jermaine Defoe, Robbie Keane, Didier Zokora, Teemu Tainio. any more? are the U21s away?

You would think Ramos will spend extra time with King, Lennon, Jenas, Malbranque, Lee, Chimbonda as they should start against the spammers. i cant wait for that match..!! hate everything about west ham and upton park...!!!:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Chimbonda might be in French squad, 2rd or third, but might be in the squad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

THURSDAY
    Younes Kaboul kicks-off a busy spell of international football for the lads with France Under-21s on Thursday night.

The defender and French U21 skipper of late lines-up against Armenia in a friendly in Colmar before a trip to face Wales U21 next week.

FRIDAY
    It's all about England on Friday with Paul Robinson and Jermain Defoe in the senior squad for a friendly against Austria in Vienna. That kicks-off at 8pm in the Earns Happel Stadium. (Sky Sports 1)

Meanwhile, Tom Huddlestone and Ben Alnwick are in the Under-21 squad for a European U21 Championship qualifier against Bulgaria at MK Dons' new Stadium:mk. Stuart Pearce's men have kicked-off qualifying with four wins out of four so far. (Sky Sports 1)

SATURDAY
    Teemu Tainio and Dimitar Berbatov are both clinging to hopes of reaching the Euro 2008 finals with Finland and Bulgaria respectively and it's crunch time in the next few days.

They are both in action on Saturday with Teemu facing Azerbaijan in Group A and Berba up against unbeaten leaders Romania in Group G. However, Bulgaria need an unlikely slip up from Holland in order to progress.

Elsewhere, Robbie Keane should skipper the Republic of Ireland against Wales at the Millennium Stadium in the battle for third place in Group D, Germany and Czech Republic having already qualified. (Sky Sports 3)

Tomas Pekhart is in European U21 Championship qualifying action for the Czech Republic against Turkey as first plays second in Group 2.

SUNDAY
    Didier Zokora faces Angola in a friendly for the Ivory Coast on Sunday, completing the weekend's action.

Pore old Chimbo, can't get in the French squad...........

i think chimbo would walk into a lot of other international teams..he is a solid enough player.

i think chimbo would walk into a lot of other international teams..he is a solid enough player.
    Sorry, he is not good enough for me! I think he has good quality going forward, but I think it has shown, especially this year, without other solid experienced defenders around him, he ain't that great of a "defender" (and that is what he is paid to do). Yes, he is okay, but I think a lot of the hype around him was his abilities getting forward, not his ability to defend. I see this as another position that isn't stable in our team. IMO we are weak at the back with players like him in this position.

• Advertisement

well i wouldnt think chimbo's position is in any danger..i have no probs with him..plays across the back 4..great header of the ball..throws in a goal or two over the season..rarely injured.:):)

Advertisement