Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build. lanbox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

also would hope to have a few quid left over to get a 500gb drive

what about this mobo?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-125-AB&tool=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

get a 8800 card id you have that type of a setup. A 8800 GT would go very well .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

i have one of these lying around, yours for 80 euro if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unless you already own the GX2 don't bother, 8800Gt will beat it out easily and costs 216 new from hardwareversand, typically the GX2 costs 180-200 second hand and will lag far behind in most games, though can beat the GTS in certain older games.

the only problem with that fatality board is that it's only 1066mhz fsb, but with a quad should be OK, I know the QX6850 is 1333mhz but not sure about the Qx6700, one to check out. Onboard video is pretty impressive too, not relative to the latest games but as far as onboard goes it's about the best so you can use that while you wait for the likes of 8800GT to come back in stock and its got great connectivity.

don't see why you'd need a 700w psu in that machine and being limited to a single card setup, try this 520 watt corsair and save some cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

havok, i already own a gx2. might stick it in my brother's comp as he needs a decent upgrade and go with the 8800gtx. i know its about 500 quid, but worth it?

the 700w psu is costing me the same as that would havok.

kamikazi, ill pm ya so :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement