Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Amazing Return

• 14-11-2007 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

MS is still top of the time sheets today. Check out http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41293

This is amazing. He hasn't driven an F1 car in anger in over a year. Returns to a car he never drove, on a new type of tyre and is immeditely half a second faster than Massa. Kimi has rarely been that much faster throughout the year and alot of people are calling Kimi the fastest man in F1 at the moment !!!!!

Would love to see him return for one season and put Lewis in his place :-) It would stop the Brits putting Lewis in the same league as Senna and Schmui for the next 50 years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Looks like Ferrari test driver for the last 10 years thinks the Schmui is faster than Kimi.

Check it out here
    http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2882107,00.html

Not many people in the world would have a better insight into this than him

Topping the timesheet at a testing session is hardly a indication of anything at all.

I know, but look at the distance to Massa. Also, Badoer was testing yesterday. If you read what link above, you will see that Badoer think MS times were amazing so they were likely on a similar program with similar fuel loads as Massa was today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Who won the title in 05 and 06... oh yes... Mich...eh Alonso... hello, lets not forget that... Do you think MS would ever partner Kimi... or even Hamilton at Mclaren... not ever.
    Like has been said before, he is a great pilot, but Alonso and Hamilton and even Kimi are every bit a match, at least until Schumi partners them for a year til we measure.
    Im sure Kimi wouldn mind... or Hamilton but sure he already destroyed Alonso... who beat Schumi 2 years running.. hmmm
    Topping time sheets is great, Alonso did it a lot this year.. but then got beaten to pole when it mattered most.
    So I wouldn put too much emphasis on it.

Kersh, lets be fair. Alonso won in a different car to Schmi so you cant compare.

All I am saying is that Luca Badoer said that MS is a faster driver the Kimi. Thats not me saying it. Read the link I provided above. I'm certain that Luca Badoer is much more qualified than all of us put together here to made such a comment. After all he does drive the same car AND has access to all the teams data

Lewis didnt destroy Alonso this year. It was even I'd say. I would LOVE to have seen them together for a full season nect year as it seemed to take Alonso alot of time to get used to this years tyre and the McLaren. He was very strong in the second half of the year.

I am almost afraid to mention this here, but I am going to. I am not saying that I want this to happen, because I really dont.

I was thinking the other day that Reanult should be disqualifed from the 2006 and 2007 season if they are found guilty of cheating, as McLaren were. ( Please dont turn this into an argument over weather they actually benifited or not. The fact is they were found guilty). Now the only reason the Lewis and Alonso were not disqualified as well was because they cut a deal to co operate, otherwise they would have been disqualified as well.

Now since there is no need for driver co operation in the Renault invistigation, no deal can be made with drivers. Therefore if Reanult are kicked out of the 2006 and 2007 championships, then there drivers should be as well. This would make MS the 2006 world champion.

Like I said, I am a MS fan but I do not want this to happen, but logic suggests that what I described above must happen IF Renault are found guilty.

You know what they say, when you go to court you dont get justice, you get the law !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

Schumacher wanted to prove that he still had the pace, and if anything he wanted to test himself, so he was highly motivated and was pushing quite hard.
    Massa has just finished a frustrating season so he is not going to be very motivated right now. Also there is no need for him push hard first test back, so that half a second means nothing.

Thats not what Luca Badoer says !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I got that fresh feeling seeing him in those photos in the car, the man will be fast forever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

11/10: Odds of this becoming another "Schumacher is a rotten cheat who kicks puppies" Thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I like Coulthard's comment when he was asked about the test session, was something along the lines of "Yeah, looks like he's got talent."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Robbo wrote: »
    11/10: Odds of this becoming another "Schumacher is a rotten cheat who kicks puppies" Thread.

I have immense respect for Schumacher and I admire him. I would actually really like him as well if his fans were not so nauseating.

The F1 equivalent of Manchester United....why is it the more successful you get the more insecure your fans get?:rolleyes:

Makes it fun to say things like "he is a cheat", "he was only so successful because his car was so superior and he lacked quality competition" and "If Lewis is this good now he will surely be a far better talent than Schumi" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Because MS does kick puppies along with John O'Shea :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What the heck does he do next? Le mans?

Advertisement