Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb. suck

Options
  • 14-11-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

Having trouble lately with the service.

Apparently a 30gig service is not what it seems.

I have used 21gig and have been put on restricted service. 56k??????

I have been recommending them to new customers around the Building site that I currently work on as a Snagger. I put a load of business there way.

I called them and explained this to them and could they please up my traffic quota to 60 gig. As reward for the vast amount of custom they recived.

No . But thanks for recommending us to all the 60 new customers we received from your site.

W*nkers.

Who else can give me a good deal 3meg+ and no traffic Quota in Naas

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How do they know that you have given them 60+ customers bar your word? What's to stop everyone ringing up and saying that? Also there system might be pretty inflexible on this. I do think it's ridiculous that you are put on a restrictive service after only 21GBs though.

If you can get smart go with that. I think IBB are unlimited. I don't know if ant of them are in you area though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I have never had an Issue with Digiweb. I have had them for 2 years now. Anytime I get to 25 Gig I get an automated email from them saying I'm near my limit.

You are aware that there cap does not reset every month? that its a rolling cap and only reduces when what you have downloaded goes past the 30 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Which mathematically is fairer to everyone.
    Restricted is faster than 56k.

cap is total traffic. ALL upload + download (email, webpages, etc not just FTP).
    See
    http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/

You can get a bigger cap if you pay for it.
    http://www.digiweb.ie/business/broadband/metro-business-broadband.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

gsxr1 wrote: »

Magnet give decent, unmetered service (although they have a fair-use policy, and you'd probably get penalised or kicked off if you breached it).

The only problem I have with Digiweb is the cap - I find the service itself very good. But really, expecting a company to give you special treatment because you tell them you sent a load of business their way was a bit over-optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

FruitLover wrote: »
    Magnet give decent, unmetered service (although they have a fair-use policy, and you'd probably get penalised or kicked off if you breached it).

The only problem I have with Digiweb is the cap - I find the service itself very good. But really, expecting a company to give you special treatment because you tell them you sent a load of business their way was a bit over-optimistic.

was optimistic I know, wish i could prove it to them.

• Advertisement

watty wrote: »
    Which mathematically is fairer to everyone.
    Restricted is faster than 56k.

cap is total traffic. ALL upload + download (email, webpages, etc not just FTP).
    See
    http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/

You can get a bigger cap if you pay for it.
    http://www.digiweb.ie/business/broadband/metro-business-broadband.asp

should have done a speed test. .. it certainly seemed like the old 56k days.

Stokolan wrote: »
    I have never had an Issue with Digiweb. I have had them for 2 years now. Anytime I get to 25 Gig I get an automated email from them saying I'm near my limit.

You are aware that there cap does not reset every month? that its a rolling cap and only reduces when what you have downloaded goes past the 30 days!

I have never had any emails from them. I will contact them..

This country really does suck when it comes to broadband though.

I sometimes chat on forums to US people.

It seems they have a vastly beter Internet service than us Irish.

A lot of them use 8 meg+.

Why cant we have this at affordable rates.

I'm sure digiweb could .. if they tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I truely believe Digiweb's success comes from their harsh usage policy. This way they are able to control their network from becoming conjested. If you look at threads over the past years, Ice & IBB come to mind with contention problems and both of them have an unlimited usage policy. Just my 2 cents!

You can get 10M and 120G cap. The price is because of the high costs. To acheive that Digiweb has to install its own backhaul and infrastructure.

All traffic per MByte entering or leaving Digiweb via INEX has to be paid for too by Digiweb, not per user, hence the Cap.

The only systems with true unlimited usage are either operators making a loss (They have to put up prices or go out of business soon) OR operators with very slow networks. Dialup doesn't need a cap, nor do slower services with high contention as the data possible per user is lower than cap on the fast services.

I just remebered that and extra 10gig can be added on for around a tenner per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Hi,

Can you purchase extra bandwidth for their DSL service as well?

Cheers,
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

We have business account wit Digiweb in work, I think their service and support are excellent. It may be because it is a business account but of all the providers we have, they are easily my favourite to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I have a 40 gig limit with Digiweb and am usually at 42-47 gigs on the usage page, have gone up to 55 gigs without being restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Having trouble lately with the service.

Apparently a 30gig service is not what it seems.

I have used 21gig and have been put on restricted service. 56k??????

I have been recommending them to new customers around the Building site that I currently work on as a Snagger. I put a load of business there way.

I called them and explained this to them and could they please up my traffic quota to 60 gig. As reward for the vast amount of custom they recived.

No . But thanks for recommending us to all the 60 new customers we received from your site.

W*nkers.

I signed up with the dicks 2 weeks ago for Metro broadband in Galway city, got a confirmation email, called them up and said it would be up to 20 days for installation, fair enough I though -poor, but this is Ireland afterall. So I call up today to just make sure everything is in order..."Erm, Metro isn't available in your area...you got an email telling you this, it fails a line of sight test" :confused::confused::mad:

I got NO email and they basically didn't even have the decency to call me. They say on their website that the service is available in 'Galway City' -I live near the University Hospital right in the middle of the city. They are a bunch of lying b@stards....

Perhaps the email got eaten by your Junk mail system. It can work at one house/office and not next door. The mast has to be actually visible from your location. The ONLY place I can get a signal is a strip about 2 ft high, 3 ft long, 6ft above the ground beside my back door*. There is no signal on my chimney.

(*Since my local Mast point is an RTE site, no surprise that's the only place I get a decent TV signal too!).

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Perhaps the email got eaten by your Junk mail system.

Nope, checked my junkmail and checked that the gmail address I gave them was correct. They shouldn't even be relying on email for this anyway, I gave them my number to call me and they didn't -pathetic stuff, just wasted 2 weeks waiting for something they first told me I was eligable for and then didn't even bother telling me that in fact, I wasn't
    It can work at one house/office and not next door. The mast has to be actually visible from your location. The ONLY place I can get a signal is a strip about 2 ft high, 3 ft long, 6ft above the ground beside my back door*. There is no signal on my chimney.

(*Since my local Mast point is an RTE site, no surprise that's the only place I get a decent TV signal too!).

Seems to be alot of people happy with digiweb but if this is the kind of customer (or potential customer) support they show, I really hope nothing goes wrong with those customers' service, cause I can bet they are useless when the sh*t hits the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have to say I don't use them but...

I did send off some details re: their business broadband product as I was setting up my office at home. I heard nothing. Then out of the blue, a week or so later I get an email from someone at Digiweb going "have you had a response to your enquiry yet?" I answer no, I have not, and would love some answers to the questions I had. To date I haven't heard anything back - and this is 6/7 weeks later.

Needless to say I went elsewhere. If this is the service they provide to potential business customers, I shudder to think of what might have been..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shadagascavich

yes! thank you! my download limite with digiweb is 40 gigs, we went over the limit, which was our own fault, but when we went back under the limit we were still restricted, and when we called they told us that we had to go down to 32 gigs before we were back to normal speeds,yet when we first joined that wasn't the case, its been 20 days now getting download speeds of about 5kb/s (MAX) and we're under 32 gigs, and yet we're still restricted! its like they think once we're with them they can slowely treat there customers worse and worse as if we cant just switch isp, yet everyone goes on about them being good,
    thats a lie,
    they suck,
    if they dont treat you badly,
    give it half a year, you wont matter to them anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

grave digging for posts there :P 2 years old :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't drag up threads with out of date information.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement