Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud Wood Pellet Boiler

Options
  • 14-11-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have a 25 kw wood pellet boiler installed. After teething problems at the beginning it is now working quite well. One remaining issue is that when the boiler is working the noise level is quite high. It's not a mechanical noise. The best way to describe it is that it is like a high pressure air vibration. This can be quite annoying when trying to sleep in an adjoining room. this may be more a flue desigh issue than a boiler issue. Has anyone any simailar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

there would be a fan in the boiler - is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Corkwhite

Thanks for that,

It doesn't appear to be a fan. There is a small fan in the burner of the boiler but the noise from this is vey low. The noise I am wondering about is much more of a "pressurised" dull drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 macapaca

Have you discussed with the installer? Are these particular wpb's prone to this could he tell you?

Yes I have, at length, not very interested I'm afraid. Claims that this isn't an issue in other installations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

What make boiler is it

• Advertisement

It's an Effecta boiler with a Bioline burner. It's made in Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I have a 25kw baxi which makes a noise when the auger turns to bring in pellets but can only hear it in the bedroom over the boiler
    IM NOT saying what I have done is right or safe but I put a timer on the plug of the boiler so it shuts off when we go to bed and comes on before we get up it lights up in the morning from cinders from the night before also saves on pellets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yakyak

Hi,

I experienced the same issue but only lately. What make is the boiler, viadrus by any chance???

The noise is a water pressure issue (if same as mine), very low level rumble. Have you by any chance drained (even partly) the system lately?. Make sure all rads are properly bled,pumps also have a screw on their side which can be bled (do not bleed while pumping hot water), i initially thought it was because the water was not being pumped quickly enought into the system and therefore one of the two pumps had packed in. When i went to inspect yesterday again, the problem seemed to have subsided, cannot therefore locate the problem, if you get an answer please let me know before/if it surfaces again.

Advertisement