Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescued a frog from the dogs.

Options
  • 14-11-2007 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

It was the first time that I am aware that the dogs seen a frog so its jumping antics drove them into a frenzy of excitement.

The pretty big frog seemed to be able to shrink itself and just almost flow under a narrow crevice under my garage door. Pretty amazing to watch.

Had to lock in the dogs and then try to find it in the garage and release it back into the wild. It did not seem injured in any way as the dogs only stared at it in amazement.

My good deed done for the day so please may I have a dry day to drive my new car back from England tomorrow. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Well done :) I seem to be a hedgehog magnet, every so often I find one walking on a road and I always return it to a safe place like St. Annes park.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

my parents garden is quite literally jumping with frogs! They have great places to hide. mide you, a few may have been eaten by the dogs - if they see them. Not that it is slowing down the breeding! They are tiny - bout 2" or so. The joys of a quarry flooded behind our house. will try take pics if i find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Jimkel wrote: »
    St. Annes park.

I live right across the road from there but I've never seen any :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ciano6

I live in St. Lucia in the West Indies and every morning I have to take the frogs out of our house and put them in the garden or they'll die during the day without water. And yet still, every night they come back in. You'd love it. We have names for them like Kermit and Sarkozy and Chirac etc. Good luck with the new car. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

mind you come to think of it, found one in my garden here hiding under the bin from esri lol. i manage to scoot him out of the back garden into the front garden (even sprayed some water on him in mist cos it was such a hot day) only to walk back in and have him hop back with me. lol poor fecker hasn't been seen since. my neighbours must have thought me daft shooing a frog lol! esri went at the bin afterwards barking but am hoping he had the sense to get out of the garden!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the odd frog comes up to my grans drive, seem to come from a stream or a boggy ditch at the back of the house, as for hedgehogs, have only ever one that i remember, must be living in towns and cities for too long

Advertisement