Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driven off road - other driver failed to stop - insurance implications

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

ballooba wrote: »
    Using the bad behaviour of others to condone one's own bad behaviour is ridiclous.

40mph around a blind corner on a narrow road in the wet is inappropriate.

I see you are still on the moral high ground. I sincerely hope to never meet you when there are leaves, slush, large amounts of rain etc. etc The tailback behind you would dwarf the M25 in the UK. Keep beating the horse.

I cannot disagree with your second point, but if you read peasant's post below he echos my sentiments. If everyone drove the way you say we should, nobody would get anywhere.
    peasant wrote: »
    In fairness now, driving on narrow country roads can be a bit difficult at times.

If you were to go by the "be prepared for the worst case scenario" - rule all the time, we would be back to the man with the red flag walking in front of the car.

In order to make any sort of progress, you HAVE to make assumptions.

You assume that other cars will stick to their side of the road, you assume that other drivers don't speed and you assume that other drivers use the same amount of care and attention as yourself.

This is how the system works and this is what allows you to make progress on those roads.

The difficulty is that some drivers just plainly break the rules while other grossly over-estimate their abilities ..that's when accidents happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I see you are still on the moral high ground. I sincerely hope to never meet you when there are leaves, slush, large amounts of rain etc. etc The tailback behind you would dwarf the M25 in the UK. Keep beating the horse.
    It's nothing to do with the moral high ground. It's to do with a fundamental part of the Rules Of The Road. If people don't understand what constitutes speeding then we're all screwed.

Advertisement