Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

southbridge temp

• 14-11-2007 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

ive got an evga 680i mobo (sad to say lt model :(). so the problem is the little fan on the southbridge is quite noisy, when i i overclock, i put the fan to round 50% and it keeps it cool enough, but at factory settings i just turn the fan off altogether to eliminate the noise. at idle, it sits at 66c with fan off, and 50c with fan at 50%, and 44c at 100% (which is very noisy)

is 66c too high?? wat kind of temps should be my limits?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I reseated mine with Arctic Silver temp. dropped 3 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

66c seems okay, the NB onmy dfi nf4 ut sli-dr used to hit 80c and was completly stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote: »
    66c seems okay, the NB onmy dfi nf4 ut sli-dr used to hit 80c and was completly stable.

Lol NB should not really go over 50c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

is this in the same room as the 7'c CPU? :D sorry I couldn't resist.

If it really bothers you replace it with an aftermarket cooler like the ones from Thermalright that are passive and cool really well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    is this in the same room as the 7'c CPU? :D sorry I couldn't resist.

:rolleyes: LMFAO :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

L31mr0d wrote: »
    If it really bothers you replace it with an aftermarket cooler like the ones from Thermalright that are passive and cool really well

i wanted to replace, but didnt know with which cooler, theres literally only millimeters of clearance with the 8800 sitting on top of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

watercool everything. then you wont have to worry about noise. As long as you get a quiet pump and use anti-vibration mounts. And silent fans.

Advertisement